A mile high Hello from Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mile high Hello from Denver

Hello out there - What about me.......? Well, as my profile states: I'm married to a great guy. We met almost 20 years ago now and he has supported me in so many ways. I have a son and he is married to his high school friend. They are expecting their first child. They found out just recently that the baby is a girl. Everyone is excited.

I am currently semi retired from the communication/space industry world. Currently I work in a healthier food store, in the vitamin department. For fun I read a bit, garden (feeding the wild life too) mostly flowers these last few years, we split season tickets to DU Hockey - the Saturday night game, I scuba dive with my husband (that's how we met) and of course quilt. Working at the store sometimes get in my way of my best fun stuff to do.

Well, I've throw my hat in the ring and welcome anyone to to converse with. I poked around a bit yesterday and found Blondie stuck in bed because of a toe problem (I think) but she has the best attitude and I want to check up on her today. Just love those people with great outlooks and smiles on their faces.

blessing to all - Ruthymae

Re: A mile high Hello from Denver

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on the grand-baby. My wife is due with our first (a boy) next month.

Make yourself at home, and post up pictures of some of your quilts when you get a chance.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ruthymae. You will always find someone to talk to here. This is a great site for new quilting ideas and inspiration. Congratulations on your grandbaby! Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Maryland, Ruthymae. Where in Denver are you? We have family in Highlands Ranch.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.

Blondie is our resident SMILE guru and we all look forward to her daily Good Morning thread. It just doesn't seem like a perfect day unless we can start it with Blondie.

stop in often so we can get to know you and post pics of your projects so we can ooh and aah over them.. which we love to do.
          Donna
          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Hello to you, Ruthymae..........glad you found us! With a grandbaby on the way......you will have a great excuse to make a baby quilt or two!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hi and welcome from Illinois. Used to live in Denver and loved it. Still have friends and relatives in Colorado. Congrats on soon to be a grandma; you will love it!
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome from eastern Colorado we live around 150 miles from Denver congrats on grand babies We just our 13th grand baby on the 4th and one more due end of February first of March I also just joined and thought and seen you were from Colorado also

Comment

Handsome Ryan,

Of course, boys can sew, look at most of our favorite designers here in America. Thanks for the welcome and congrats to you and your wife. Maybe your son will be a sewer also.

Blessings to all - Ruthymae

Comment

Bubby,

I'm sure you are right, the inspirations will be the best......

Blessings to all
                      Ruthymae

Comment

bjsmith57,

Thanks, Arizona is warm right now, I'm sure. Saw the sun come up and it was sunny, now it's snowing and the play-off game will be cold for my husband.

Comment

Shinny Thimble,

Wow - that's a lot of babies (love) to have. You are blessed. Eastern Colorado, I was born in Denver and have lived here almost all my life and would not change that. Is the family close by or are they located in various places. I have two siblings out of state and both are in Texas right now.
                          Hope to hear from you once in a while, us Coloradans need to stick together.

Comment

Hello Ruthymae,
                            Glad to see you hop in and post. Enjoy the game with hubs; we are sitting here hoping against all odds that Carolina Panthers will win their play off game.
                            Our temps right now are actually pleasant with the exception of the ever present wind that has been blowing non stop. All of our flags are all unfurled and flying gloriously.
                            Blessings
                            Blondie
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Welcome & Hello from Michigan !!!
                              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                              X