Complete Noob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Noob!

Well, like always I tend to always do things out of order..I have already posted in here a few times, but I guess I should introduce myself!

My name is Kim, I have two gorgeous kiddos. I am very new to sewing and quilting. I just bought my Brother machine a couple months ago, and have been trying to teach myself how to sew. Being that my kids keep me so busy I dont get much time to sew at once, so my small projects tend to take me weeks!! I am very very excited to start sewing though!

I spend the majority of my time at work online (youtube and blogs..). Youtube is how I found MSQC! And Ive been addicted ever since!!
    My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Re: Complete Noob!

Hi Kim - welcome to the goup - we will welcome you anytime - doesn't have to be in any special order -haha.
    What kind of job do you have that lets you check out youtube and blogs. I can't even get that stuff at school - they block all that. Lucky you!
    Doesn't matter how long it takes to finish a project - we love to see photos anytime.
    Again - welcome!
    Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi and welcome Kim....... we are all basically addicted, so it's lovely to welcome a sistah.
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Just sew whenever you get the chance - it's "you" time and it's good for your soul. enjoy!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi Kim!
          yep, you know you're addicted when you wait to say quack along with the duck.
          Welcome to the group!
          Waving from NC
          Blondie

Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Also waving from NC. Did you say Quack? Welcome and let us see some of your projects when you get her done. LOL
            Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome Kim, from New Jersey!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome from Virginia, can't wait to see some of your projects
                To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Welcome from Western NY. Glad you joined Hugs, Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Im in NC too!! YAY! Im not alone!!

I work in a call center, for a security company! And no Im not the one that should be monitoring your houses so dont sweat! LoL, I just schedule installs and that type of deal!! So when Im not on the phone I am watching TV or browsing tutorials!! Or as of recent living in here snooping through the stores blog and such! Thanks for all the welcomes, and waves!! I will surely post my first quilt soon, I am hoping to finish it this weekend! just borders and backing left!
                    My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Comment

Hello from Australia, Kim. You have joined a wonderful group and I wish you many, many happy hours of quilting, whether it be browsing or doing.

Mary B.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia....and yes this site is addictive, so sit bak and relax have fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X