I just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just joined

I have been making quilts and laprobes for various agencies (nursing homes, hospitals, homeless shelters ) in my area for about 8 years. They have been mostly regular squares or scrappy quilts. ( I don't throw anything away) I have become a fabric junkie buying yardage thru the years before I knew about precuts.

I'm so glad I happened upon your website. What a great source of information. I watched some of your tutorials and purchased the Quilting Quickly 1 and 2 series. I had already purchased the fabrics to make a BLUE quilt for my husband. Using the idea from the Quilting Quickly 1 I decided to use the pattern for the hourglass and 4 square patch for the quilt. It went so fast cutting my fabrics into 10 inch squares. I had my squares sewn together in just a couple of days.

I will be hand quilting the finished product which will free my sewing table giving me the opportunity to start a couple of apple core quilts using the template I just purchased from your website. I usually work on 4 or 5 quilts at a time working on them in various stages so that they all end up being finished at the same time ready to be given away.

Re: I just joined

Welcome....welcome.
    WOW....you sound very busy and very giving. I hope you enjoy any new information or tips you find here. If you can't find an answer....post a question & someone will find it for you
    :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Ky. You will love love love it here. I know I do.

Comment

Welcome!! My favorite and only brother lives in Connecticut! We would love to see your quilts - love the idea that you make so many for charity - you are very special!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!

Lots of friendly folks here!!!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Working...
          X