Hey All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All

Hello, my name is David I'm 26 and live in Lodi, CA. Yes I am a 26 year old male quilter! Let me explain how. I was born three months after my grandfather passed away... my mother went back to work when I was six months old. So I became my Grandmother's "Sunshine" as she would call me. Growing up by her side I learned so much from her that has been lost with passing generations. Quilting was one of those things... fast forward to the present; I work in a California State Prison and stress is a huge part of my job. A few years ago I was going through my garage and found some boxes of my grandma's quilting supplies; I dusted them of and took them into the house end of story. I've been hooked since. I was having some trouble with my binding, found Jenny on youtube. I finally took some time to sign up to meet all of you.

Re: Hey All

Hello David and welcome to the forum. You aren't the only male member here as you will find our later. Glad you joined us! Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome David!!! Yes, we have other men here on the forum....Handsome Ryan and Denis from Canada too....he owns his own shop. Glad you could join us!!!
      ~Kathy~

Comment

Welcome, David. Happy to have you join us.
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination

Comment

Welcome! Dive in and get your feet wet. Let us know if you have any questions.
          K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

Welcome from Orlando
            Karen
            Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Welcome and Merry Christmas!
              I know what you mean about stress at your job. I was a corrections officer once, not a fun place to work. Happy you have such a productive outlet.

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Shannon Saulter, another member of the forum is also a corrections officer from California.
                Donna

Comment

Hello David and welcome from Iowa!
                  TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Thank you so much for the welcome... I wish I could claim to be an officer, but I actually work in Medical Administration.

Comment

Welcome from the UK David. My daughter has worked in a prison and currently works in a secure mental health unit and quite honestly the stress levels are enormous. I am glad you have taken up this hobby and look forward to seeing something you have made. Jump in!

Comment

Welcome to the forum David...........this is a great forum!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Oh, I LOVE it! You quilt. You are a MALE. And you're a KID!!! Can't ask for anything more! You have just reignited my desire to see "lost arts" rejuvenated! I could just about be your grandmother, and have had this sinking feeling for many years now, that what we here on this forum thrive on, will go by way of the dinosaurs! And THAT'S a scary thought! You certainly couldn't be in better hands, than this forum! You will find people who will go out of their kind way to find you information you desperately need, give you time-honored advice and give you comfort and solace, should you need it! God bless you and a very warm welcome from south-central Texas!
                          Linda

Comment

Welcome David I love that you dusted off your gramma's quilting supplies and started using them. I grew up with my great grandparents and grandma and the memories and things lost over the generations amazes me. Keep them alive If I could make a quilt for anyone it would be my great gramma (we called her big gram and my gramma was little gram).
                            I can't wait to see your pics.
                            Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

And don't forget Michael! Another male quilter here - there are thousands of them (not necessarily here) who remain in the background and are quiet, but we LOVE male quilters, too!!

Glad to have you with us, David.
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X