Hello from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada

I am a newbie to Forums, blogs, and all this technology but I am having more fun than headaches learning this. I found the Missouri Star Quilt Company on the web and have enjoyed their how to videos. She seems like a nice person, one that I would like to meet one day. I have three grown daughters and six grandchildren. I love to sew things for them. I am very lucky to have three quilt shops near by and I live very close to the border so I get to shop "over the river" as we call it here.

Re: Hello from Canada

Welcome from Alberta. I really enjoy the site and all the videos. So much to learn. I am also new to blogs and such. I live in a town that has one quilt shop, other than that I have to drive to Calgary or Red Deer. But really that is OK, or I would spend way to much on material if I had more stores to shop in. Hope you enjoy the site.
    JVO
    JVO

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. You are going to love this forum. The folks are all so friendly, helpful and inspiring. Enjoy!
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! My dad was in the Canadian Air Force and we were fortunate enough to visit some of his buddies that lived in Ontario. MSQC is a super place and we look forward to seeing your great quilting! Linda

Comment

Welcome from Virginia, I know you will enjoy this forum and can't wait to see some of your projects. It is great to talk to other quilters about projects and ideas. Some good advice is on here too!
          To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
          Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Welcome from Fairfax, VA. You will love the site. Lots of help and advice.
            Suzette

Comment

Welcome from NW Missouri - and here's a quilty hug!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from Ky. You will love it here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I could spend hours watching and reading about all the goings on in everybody's lives. Have a good time here.
                Rhonda

Comment

Hello from Australia. I only came in here last week and have learned so much already. I live in a remote area of NSW, started my quilting journey about eight years ago and was so lucky to have a wonderful young mentor who was fourteen years ahead of me in experience. I know you will find the ladies here as warm and welcoming as I have.

Mary B.

Comment

Hello JVO, I used to live in Alberta. Fort McMurray, Alberta. I didn't quilt then which is a good thing because you certainly can't get fabric there. I did love my time there but missed my family so we moved back. I hear that the largest quilt shop in canada is in Calgary. My brother-in-law lives in Calgary so I wouldn't mind going for a visit (Hee Hee)

Comment

Thanks Nancy. So what style of quilting are you into right now?

Comment

Thanks Linda, I guess you got moved around alot. My brother in law was stationed in Germany for most of his career. He ended up in Trenton. He would repair the planes. Let me know if you ever come this way again (Niagara Falls) we will show you around (quilt shops) and of course the Falls too.

Comment

Thanks so much Sassyquilter. I have been given such a warm welcome. I will have to learn how to post pictures so I can give you an idea of what I am up to. Right now I am trying to come up with quick easy ways to make some placemats for my grandchildren with an Easter theme. My daughters don't like it when I give them chocolate!

Comment

Thanks Suzette. One of the best things about this technology is meeting people from all over the world. What is it like in Fairfax. Va.? Is quilting big there? We have two guilds here. The Rainbow Country Quilters Guild has about 50 members and the Niagara Heritage guild has about 300. I belong to both as they each have something different to offer.

Comment

Well Sandy you made me smile today and I want to go out and buy a big hat!. What does NW stand for? Thank you for the quilt hug and here is one back to you. xoxo. I can tell this is a very friendly site.

Comment

Working...
                              X