Brand new to quilting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new to quilting!

I've always been artistic, and have tried my hand at many crafts. Whenever I walk into the craft store to pick something up, I find myself mulling around the fabric, overwhelmed by the beautiful colors, prints, and textures. I see limitless possibilities but lack the skills to bring them to fruition.

My mother-in-law gifted me her old sewing machine. I decided it was time to learn a thing or two about quilting. Through research online, and the lovely tutorials I found here, I've completed 2 successful projects.

I'm a long way from making a beautiful heirloom quilt or the likes. But, I'm learning, and I'm truly enjoying every step. To finally be able to do something with a beautiful piece of fabric is absolutely thrilling to me!

So hello all! I hope to learn from you and am sure glad I found you!

Re: Brand new to quilting!

I'm new to the forum also. Like you I'm a beginning quilter. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Western NY. The people on this site will help you and of course the tutorials that Jenny does are fantastic. So enjoy! Hugs, Jan L
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. You've come to the right place. Enjoy!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

A great big quilty welcome from NW Missouri.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I found one of the best ways to learn more about quilting it to find a quilting guild in your area. This link will take your to registered quilt guilds would wide: http://www.quiltguilds.com/ If you can't find one in your area on this list, try doing a search for quilt guilds in your town, state.

My husband and I relocated to Danville, KY in 2008 and the first thing I did before we moved was find a guild. It was the best thing I did. I made 13 new friends and I have an endless supply of assistance when I get stumped with a quilting problem!

I hope this helps.
            Roxi

Comment

Working...
            X