another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie

i have been sewing (on and off) for many years....used to make kids clothes when they were little (42 and 37 now !!) and after that curtains etc for our home..... in november a friend showed a few of us how to make a four patch posey......that started it all ! out of all those patches i made 2 table runners....tops only so far.

i once said i would never make a quilt.....so, i took a beginners class in my area and i am now hooked ! i see myself as a paper crafter....but combining the two arts (!) is really fun. i like easy to do and quick to finish projects.....

i have not completed my first real quilt, next week i learn how to put it all together....it consists of 12 blocks (each different) using 4 colors. it turned out to be more than the lap-quilt i envisioned....more on twin size once i added borders. turns out i love a piano key border waaaay too much. when i learn how to finish a quilt i can put together all the tops i have made so far.....

i bought an easy dresden plate ruler and made tops for 3 wall-hangings using scrap christmas fabric i have had for a long time. i have watched many missouri quilt tutorials and have a long list of things i want to do.....DH made a tumbler ruler for me out of acrylic and i am purchasing a new janome machine today. my trusty kenmore is 35+ years old and will remain active in routine sewing and mending.

it will be fun to be a member of this board....i am a member of splitcoast stampers (my first addiction is paper).....i know i will learn a lot from you guys.

DH just cringed when i told him i was going to learn to quilt....i think he had an idea that $$ would be involved. it is so much fun and so relaxing (that is when i am not pulling out seams that i did incorrectly !!)

i am learning as i go.....the journey is great so far.....
    Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
    http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Re: another newbie

Welcome from Vermont. I know you'll enjoy it here.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome! I have learned so much here. I love the people on here also, they are so knowledgeable and helpful.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Pam, we are truly pleased that you've found us here. Jump right in and share awhile!!

Welcome from NW Missouri.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from Ky Pam. You will love it here.

Comment

Welcome from Western NY, Pam. Glad you could join us. Hugs, Jan L
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome from another new quilter from South Wales, UK. This is a great forum!
              Sandra
              Swansea, UK

Comment

Welcome....You'll love all the valuable information and the help and ideas you get here.

Glad to have you
                :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome! Your husband should be very nervousLOL.
                  To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                  Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Working...
                  X