Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time to visit here

hello
    i am a first time visitor. i am just learning to sew on an old machine that belonged to my mother.
    i am single, never married, guess that makes me an old maid. i am a disabled former factory worker.
    hoping to find some hints and tips on how to make something very simple.

Re: first time to visit here

Welcome from Colorado! The tutorials here are fabulous - and the quilters here are super helpful. I'm always inspired by their ideas.
    What type of sewing machine do you have?

Comment

it is an old kenmore. I don't know what model but it is a tabletop ? In that it does not have a cabinet but sits on top of my kitchen table. It does not have any fancy stitches. Just straight and a zig zag. I remember my mother using this when I was a little girl and I am in my 30's now. I only know how to sew a straight line and I am thinking that is okay for making small projects. thank you.

Comment

WiseOldSoul - nothing old about you!!! We are excited you've joined us here and believe me, if you follow the tutorials you will find that you can sew straight lines and Jenny makes things simple!! Explore everything here and you will gain nothing but confidence. We are so glad you found us.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome! I learned on my Mom's old Kenmore and wish that I had it now. It had all metal parts and was a workhorse that never stopped (although you could get a hernia picking it up - LOL). You will love it here and learn so much.

PS - 30's and never married is not an 'old maid' - just a wise selective gal waiting for the absolute right person to share with.

Comment

Welcome Wise!
            Hope you come back soon and visit! Don't worry about being an old maid! For goodness sakes, I didn't meet the love of my life until I was 45! Believe me, he was worth the wait.
            Watch the tuts along with us and learn with us.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Welcome Wiseoldsoul from Canada. 30? Wish I were thirty again. You picked an awesome place to be. The tutorials are fabulous daaarlin! Check them out and have fun.

Monique
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
              X