New to MSQCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MSQCF

Hello from your sister state of Arkansas. Ran on to Jenny's tutorials on YouTube by happenstance. Glad I did. Have ordered from the shop but this is my first shot at the forum. I am fairly new at quilting. Have been sewing since high school but found out that knowing how to make clothing is nothing like knowing the ends and outs of quilting. Took a beginner's class in quilt making which helped a lot in the cutting of pieces etc. I have 3 girls,2 sons-in-law, 8 grandkids--5 girls, 3 boys AND 3 of the prettiest little great grandbaby girls. And not to leave out my little house partner Polly. She is a 5 pound blue/tan chi. Plan to work on family genealogy, quilt,do crafty things and keep up with all my kids. Retired??? Hope to learn a lot from you all.
    Have a blessed evening,
    shirleyj

Re: New to MSQCF

welcome shirley!! i love it here.. i found jen here when i was looking up a technique on the you tube... and been hook ever since.. oh it was my first quilt... i love being a part of this community... even mundane topics we do... and i know that if i reach out .... i will find a hand ... whether it is to give me a tissue or pat me on the back....

so where are you from?
    all the best
    Gina

Comment

hey, I'm from northeast Arkansas. Glad you are here. You will meet some wonderful people who are very helpful. Enjoy and drop buy often. Linda

Comment

NW Missouri welcomes you, Shirley. So glad you found us!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I am from NE Arkansas about 20 miles from the Missouri border. About a couple hours from Springfield.
          ShirleyJ

Comment

Linda,
            I am couple hours south of Springfield. Ash Flat is my home town. Thanks for the welcome. ShirleyJ

Comment

Thanks a bunch. ShirleyJ

Comment

Welcome from St. Louis! This place is awesome, you will be soooo glad you found it. Sounds like you have a bunch of people to make quilts for and I'm sure they will love them!

Comment

Welcome from Canada. Sit back and enjoy. There are SO many wonderful people here.

Monique
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Fairfax, VA. I love this site. It's great. You will learn alot here.
                    Suzette

Comment

welcome from the G. D. of Luxembourg. Even we here in Europe learn alot via internet on quilting, especially in this forum
                      sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Shirley, I live about 25 miles from Jonesboro. About 4 miles from the Missouri bootheel. Ashflat isn't that far. Small world isn't it. I found the cutiest little quilt shop in Jonesboro. Glad you jioned the forum It is my favorite spot on the computer. Linda

Comment

Welcome, Shirley, from New Jersey! Like tamsterg said, sounds like you have a lot of people to quilt for! Enjoy the site.
                          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome from Georgia.

Comment

Another welcome from Canada! I am new here and I know you will enjoy it...Val

Comment

Working...
                              X