Hi there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there!

I am the granddaughter of a midwestern quilter; my grandmother belonged to the same quilting group for seventy years in Iowa. I'm glad to have found this site and hope to learn from the quilters here.

Re: Hi there!

Hi Girl and welcome ...... we're glad to have you with us. Wow, that's an amazing legacy that you have from your grandmother. Please feel free to share your work with us and ask anything you wish to know.

I'm fairly new also, but there are lovely..... and very generous quilters here who will share their knowledge and experience.
    Hugs
    Mia
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hi there wordygirl!
      What a wonderful history to cherish! A big welcome from another newbie!

Hugs from Eva Mari
      Fabric purchases require no justification!
      A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

Hi there wordygirl,
        welcome to the forum, hope you have as much fun here as we all do. I'm sure you'll learn one or the other thing here. Did you inherit patterns and stash of fabrics from your grand mother too??????

Greetings from G. D. of Luxembourg
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

A great big warm quilty welcome from Missouri!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey! I have a great grandmother who quilted, and I have one of her quilts now hanging in my kitchen. It's a Grandmother's Flower Garden. I'm also going to be given her Double Wedding Ring quilt. I have her stork scissors, her bias tape maker, her thread rack and her genes! Isn't it neat to have that connection? Did you ever sew with your grandmother? I never met mine, she was gone before I was born.
            Attached Files
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Wordygirl, I like your screen name. Deb, your grandma's quilt is very pretty, but I also like your dresden table runner
              Lin

Comment

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
                Hi there wordygirl,
                welcome to the forum, hope you have as much fun here as we all do. I'm sure you'll learn one or the other thing here. Did you inherit patterns and stash of fabrics from your grand mother too??????

Greetings from G. D. of Luxembourg
                Oh, I wish! Nope, I started my stash from scratch. It has now officially taken over the guest room and is creeping into the dining room...

Comment

No, I never sewed with her; she lived in Iowa and we were in California. I inherited one of her Grandmother's Flower Garden quilts, and I love what you have done with yours. I recently started on my own version of a Grandmother's Flower Garden, and I think of her as I stitch.

Comment

Welcome from Fairfax, VA. Glad to have you join. I have a picture of my mom in my studio. She taught me to sew when I was 8 or 9 years old. It's wonderful to carry something on.
                    Suzette

Comment

Working...
                    X