Newbie to quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to quilting

Trying to learn all I can about quilting have learned alot from Jenny's videos. But I've seen some beautiful quilts. I'll never be able to do some of the things I've seen but, I'll have fun trying. I have been sewing for over 30 years but, quilting has come along way from when my grandmother made quilts but, she did it out of necessity. Hope to learn alot I bought quilting quickly & have enjoyed learning at my own pace Jenny makes it so simple to understand. I work full time so I don't have as much time as I would like to sew & embroidery & hopefully quilt soon. I know I will learn alot from all of your experience. Nice to meet you Debbie from Georgia

Re: Newbie to quilting

Hi, Debbie. (I have a sister Debbie) I've just recently gotten the "bug" for quilting/applique. I've done 4 seasonal wall hangings (small, about 23x23) a few appliqued tea towels and am working on a "Tea for Two" quilt for my granddaughter. I too have enjoyed Jenny's videos; what an easy way to see how it's done. Hope to get to know you better as we learn all the fun ways to quilt. -- Katherine from Arizona

Comment

Hi Debbie!

Welcome to this wonderful place and the warming world of quilts! I'm new myself but have found quilting VERY addictive! LOL
      I think the care and warmth of quilting must rub off on quilters: they are so cosy!

Hugs from Eva Mari
      Fabric purchases require no justification!
      A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

Welcome, Debbie and Katherine. We're sure glad you joined us. Hang around and soon you will be seasoned quilters.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome, Debbie and Katherine! Kind of funny... my name is Deborah Katherine :-). Just call me Deb, though, and accept a big warm welcome from New Jersey.
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Debbie, you have one up on me, you sew! Haha, well, I guess I do now too! I got a C in sewing in my junior high class-because gosh, I didn't care about sewing at that age. I've finished the following projects in my life: A few cross stitches, a doll dress for my niece, two baby sack outfits, a lap quilt, and two baby quilts, and curtains for my babys' room. That's it. I'm just lucky to have a decent amount of common sense and I'm pretty good with figuring out how things work. I expect to be able tonlearn a lot from you!!
            Lin

Comment

Working...
            X