Hello from Norway :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Norway :)

I'm a 56 years old grandma of 5 and mother of 3.
    With all the wee wonders I had to bite the bullet and try to master a sewing machine again two years ago: I was that hopeless one the machine kept driving away from all those years ago in school...
    Now I'm deeply in love with this hobby and have made lots of stuff!

It didn't take too long before I discovered quilting as well and after the initial gnashing of teeth and sobs to the tilt I can now proudly make table runners and bed spreads and bags and whatnot. The key: Jenny on Youtube!
    I'm looking forward to "meeting" you all!

Best regards Eva Mari
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: Hello from Norway

WELCOME Eva! so glad you are here
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Hi Eva,I'm Connie C.Welcome to our new home.Everyone make's you feel so welcome!Had a lot of help figuring out the picture's. Connie C

Comment

Thank you SO much, Suzi and Connie! I love positive communities and this warmed my heart!
        A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

Welcome!! This is the best site for quilting - the tutorials are fantastic! I, also, did not like to sew at all in school - but love quilting now! Welcome and enjoy!

Comment

Glad you joined Eva. You will love the site. Everyone is great.
            Suzette

Comment

Welcome, Eva, from New Jersey!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Eva Mari -- a great big hearty welcome from Missouri. Love your enthusiasm.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from Western NY. You will love it here. Hug, Jan L
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thank you all so much for making me feel so welcomed. It's very appreciated, E's grandma, Suzette, Deb, Sandy and Jan!

Comment

Hi Emmari,
                      Where are you living in Norway? I just spent three weeks in Haugesund. Stayed in a lovely apartment by the water. My husband is working on a project for Statoil. You live in a very beautiful country.
                      Rebecca
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Hi Eva and welcome from Canada. You certainly picked a great place to be. Enjoy.

Maybe we should have a map that shows just where everyone is from. Just a thought!!

Monique
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I'm headed to Norway in April. I'll be traveling with my husband on a business trip! I love it there, beautiful country. Hello from Texas!

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you have master this if you have moved beyond tablerunners to bed quilts and such! I am still stuck on tablerunners - but like you I love Jenny's tutorials. Enjoy the site, it is awsome!!!

PS - Post some of your projects for us to ohhh and ahhh over!!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                              Hi Emmari,
                              Where are you living in Norway? I just spent three weeks in Haugesund. Stayed in a lovely apartment by the water. My husband is working on a project for Statoil. You live in a very beautiful country.
                              Rebecca
                              Hi rebecca,

I love Haugesund and the nearby island of Karm√ły - I was born at the west coast and am a sealover at heart!
                              I hope you get to visit more!
                              My DH and I live in a small inland community called Raufoss, about an hour and a half's drive from our capitol Oslo.
                              And I agree that our country is a very varied and beautiful place to be. Only very expensive... LOL

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                              Hi Eva and welcome from Canada. You certainly picked a great place to be. Enjoy.

Maybe we should have a map that shows just where everyone is from. Just a thought!!

Monique
                              Hi Monique! And thank you so much! A map would be wonderful!
                              Btw your great singer Bryan Adams once said that flying into Norway always made him feel so at home.

Originally posted by twnkeyes View Post
                              I'm headed to Norway in April. I'll be traveling with my husband on a business trip! I love it there, beautiful country. Hello from Texas!
                              I hope you have a wonderful stay as April is the month where you can experience more seasons than one! LOL

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                              Welcome! Sounds like you have master this if you have moved beyond tablerunners to bed quilts and such! I am still stuck on tablerunners - but like you I love Jenny's tutorials. Enjoy the site, it is awsome!!!

PS - Post some of your projects for us to ohhh and ahhh over!!
                              Thank you so much! Truth be told I am far away from being a master at this but it is great fun!
                              I always feel that unlike garments for the wee ones that are here now and stashed away tomorrow the quilted works are filled with so much care, thoughts and love in every stitch and are treasured very differently!

I'll post some more than the one in the "Man Quilt"-thread as I get more into this great forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X