X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• llm161
    replied
    Re: Hello everyone!

I have found also that hand-quilting is hard on the wrist.. . . especially when you have three bruised fingers from a fall a month ago and you work at a plant farm where you're carring three gallon pots in each hand many many times a day. LOL!

When I use my laptop flat mouse for awhile, my fingers fall asleep.. . . I'm sure that has something to do with quilting but we do what we must. Quilt. Last night, I got my first two drops of blood on one of my pure white blocks that I'm handquilting block by block. Ouch ! I was more upset about the blood than pricking my finger.

Leave a comment:

• Onetiredmomma
    replied

Oh, so nice to meet you! I'm 29, and am working on my 4th quilt. So, I'm not too much older than you. Welcome from Pennsylvania. I hope you'll share lots of pictures.

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Hello Andrilla from Ky. Your quilt is beautiful! You will love this forum. These girls and guys are a hoot and are very helpful. We are like one big happy family here. If you have any question about anything just post a thread and you will be amazed at how many people will help you out. You are sure to learn alot hanging out with us. Hope your wrist feels better. Enjoy.
    Rhonda

Leave a comment:

• Andrilla
    replied

Thank you everyone! I'm so excited to see that this is such an active quilting forum!

I uploaded a picture of one of my quilts with my cats sitting on it. I hope that it uploads correctly. I used some shiny fabric in it, I'll never do that again. It ravels and my cats picks at it, but now it is at school with me and away from pets with claws. I don't have pictures of all of my quilts, although I am bugging the people that I gave them to to send me pictures of them.

I can't wait to get to know people here and see all of the quilts that they have made!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Hi from Canada. Welcome. I too am a hand quilter. Hopefully your wrist heals soon.

Happy quilting
    Monique

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

We are sure glad to have you join us here. Hope you have pictures to share. I emphasize with you about your wrist and hope it heals quickly so you can go back to hand quilting.

Welcome to the best quilting forum around.

Leave a comment:

• mlt150
    replied

Waving from central Illinois. I have only been a part of the quilting world for six months and just love everything about the process. Hope to see your quilts!

Dianne

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

Welcome from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. I'm self taught too, but mainly thru the MSQC tutorials and you tube.

Leave a comment:

• suzette58
    replied

Welcome from Northern Virginia. Glad you joined, you will love it.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

welcome!! so glad you are here....I am self taught as well..but through you-tube LOL

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Welcome from Western NY. Can't wait to see your quilts! Hugs, Jan L

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

And we are so happy to have you join us here! It sounds as if you have gotten our feet wet with the quilting bug and can't wait to see our creations. You do take photos of what you make, right? You can even have your very own album right here!

And don't be shy about asking questions. There are all levels of quilters here and I always like to read responses so I can keep learning too. Where are you from? I'm from Central PA and we even have lots of quilters from abroad.

So - join in the fun!

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Andrilla
    started a topic Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Hello! This is the first quilting forum that I've ever been on, I won't try to say that I'm not excited! I'm 23 and I've been quilting for about 4 years now. I have made 8 quilts and I'm working on 9 and 10 right now (my friend is having a baby!!! Number 10 is my first baby quilt!). I'm all self-taught using books that I found in my great-grandmother's house. I am continually finding out the "correct" way to do things because, other than my great-grandmother, no one in my family quilts. I sort of quilt in her memory. She died in August, I experimented in quilting soon after. I began my first quilt that April, using mostly fabrics from her collection.

I make quilts for my friends, family, and for myself. I eventually hope to sell some of them. I only have so many friends to give them to and only so many places to keep quilts before I run out of room! I don't know how to machine quilt, I machine piece, but I hand quilt. I would love to get one of those big machines, I don't even know what they are called, but they take up half the room! I hurt my wrist quilting about 6 months ago, so it is difficult to quilt for hours on end, which is how I like quilting, but if I get one of those machines I can do that again!

So, that's my quilting history. I'm glad to be here and I'm hoping to find more people my age who quilt! Nice to meet everyone!
Working...
X