New and practicing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and practicing!

Hi all, have looked at this site nearly everyday for over a month. What a wealth of information and it is lovely to find so many people interested in patchwork and quilting. I live in England and in the area where I live I know very few people who quilt. I live in the South East of England and after much research on the Net I have found a course that I have recently joined. I am making a sampler at an evening course. First big mistake was to go for three shades of green - trying to cut on a green cutting mat is interesting to say the least! I am really enjoying the course and hope to improve over time. I am also a lefty and that has its own challenges - but I am getting there. I have made four baby quilts using Jennys video tutorials before finding my course. Look forward to talking to you and following you as you help all us new quilters. Many thanks for all your inspiration and advice.
    Sue

Re: New and practicing!

Sue, it is great to have you join up with this wonderful group. Good luck on your sampler. I emphasize with your left-handed problems - but you can see from watching Jenny's tutorials that we have help available. After all, we left handed-ers are the only ones who think with the right side of our brains!

WELCOME!!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hello and welcome to the group. Have fun with your course! It'll get better as you do more quilts. I believe Jenny is left handed, isn't she?
      Shelia

Comment

Hi Sue, welcome to the group. I personally think this is the only place to be. Great and wonderful people here and they have helped me out already. I haven't been here long but I certainly value their opinions. I am not an expert quilter by any stretch of the imagination and I enjoy hand quilting. I secretly ordered some layer cakes and jelly rolls. I hope I can sneak into the house!! LOL!

Sit back and have yourself a cup of coffee.

Happy quilting
        Monique
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome, Sue! So glad you found the site. I don't know many quilters either so this forum has been a wonderful source of inspiration and encouragement. Enjoy!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hello from Illinois...welcome. Dianne

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcome. It is lovely to find other like minded folk. I look forward to learning from you all and seeing the wonderful things that you are all making. Maybe one day I will be not so daunted by everything. After all this is fun and I am really enjoying all the techniques however challenging they are.
              Sue

Comment

Welcome!! If you have any questions please feel free to ask...and enjoy your class!! I can't wait to see your finished sampler!
                Michele

Comment

Working...
                X