New and have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and have a question

Hello, I was raised with my Mother sewing for the pubic and don't want to do that. I like the MSQC.I have never heard of a Jelly Roll but WOW. I'm working on a quilt how and trying to finish it up so I can play with the new fabric. I do have a ? I have read about this bamboo battening so has anyone used this .

Re: New and have a question

I haven't used the bamboo batting, so can't help with your question. I just wanted to pop in and tell you WELCOME!!!! Glad you found us.

Someone with more experience who has used bamboo will find you real soon.

Come often and stay long!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

i haven't used it either - would be afraid of panda bears trying to get in the house and eat it !! HAHAHAHA just kidding!! welcome to the forum!
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

The Bamboo batting is beautiful, it has a soft silky texture and works well. And for as soft as it is new it gets softer with washing, its gorgeous. I was talking to a professional machine quilter about it as well, she has used it a lot and loves it. My only reservation would be that we have not been using it long enough to know how it will stand up to the test of time. But cotton is a plant material as well and before we had that there were other various plant based 'fillings' such as flax so I can't see there being a problem.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

That's an interesting question.
          I was looking at some at joanns last week. it was on sale but not being familiar with it i went with my old standby, warm and natural. Next time i might give it a try. I think it would be qreat in a baby quilt.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
          X