Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from New Zealand

Hi everyone, My name is Annie and I live in Dargaville New Zealand

I have been quilting/sewing on and off for about 3 years. I have a mental illness disorder.. I find calmness and peace in my hobby/sewing room.

I am a visual peson so I find these tutorials very relaxing and enjoyable..love the duck quacking

I have 3 children and 2 grand daughters I want to quilt for even more so after watching these tutorials.

Re: Hi from New Zealand

Welcome to the group. This is certainly a good and relaxing place to visit and learn.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Welcome. This truly is THE place to be.

Happy quilting

Monique
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Annie, we welcome you with open arms. Don't you find that those grandchildren give us all kinds of reasons to pull out the fabric, needles and thread. Enjoy your time here and come often. We'd love to see some of your work.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome Annie! This site is terrific for inspiration and encouragement. Hope you find great ideas for your dear ones. I also find quilting relaxing.

Comment

Welcome, Annie, from New Jersey USA! Glad you found the site, it's the best!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

WELCOME ANNIE! I am from Canada but have family on both islands in New Zealand. A cousin in Christchurch, an Uncle in Te Awamutu and another cousin in Auckand. Come visit often. Uncle says it has been hot there lately!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Hi! I visited New Zealand many years ago and it is such a beautiful country! Glad to have you around!
                Lin

Comment

Wow..thank you all for the warm welcome!! I most certainly believe this is the place to be...however i just bought more fabric and jelly rolls

I was born in Te Awamutu

It has been very...VERY hot here...i think I have melted alittle

I hope to make new friends here and share my love of quilting.

Comment

Working...
                  X