Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconnecting with quilting

Hi everyone
    I have been trying my hand at quilting after a very long time. I took a quilting class many years ago and made a baby quilt for my baby who is now 23! What got me interested again was a moda bakeshop recipe. I had no idea there were jelly rolls, charm packs, honey buns, etc. They rock!! So I have been trying to make a few simple things and I'm enrolled in Jenny's online class. I am just loving it! I found her tutorials on You Tube and then found this place.
    Nice to meet you!
    Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Re: Reconnecting with quilting

You'll be so glad you did.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Layer cakes are awesome too.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Know what you mean - love those jelly rolls and charm packs! Know you will love this sight - it is the best!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I'm loving the sympoz class too E and Jen is making a new one soon. I can hardly wait.
          I know you will enjoy this forum and everything about Missouri Star QC too..... they are awesome!!!

Hugs
          Mia
          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hi Marebear, and welcome from New Jersey! Glad you're enjoying the site, it rocks!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by E's grandma View Post
              Know what you mean - love those jelly rolls and charm packs! Know you will love this sight - it is the best!
              Not to usurp anyone's WELCOME - but I picked up some fabric at Tuesday Morning the other day and just broke open the package and noticed it was called a "BURRITO" . . . what will they come up with next? Hotdogs? Hamburgers? Fried Rice?
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

It must've been right before lunch when they came up with that one. LOL
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Welcome back to quilting. I use the Moda Bakeshop website alot. I love the quilt instructions and ideas from there.
                  Suzette

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    Not to usurp anyone's WELCOME - but I picked up some fabric at Tuesday Morning the other day and just broke open the package and noticed it was called a "BURRITO" . . . what will they come up with next? Hotdogs? Hamburgers? Fried Rice?
                    This is hilarious, Sandy. Perhaps quilters are voracious eaters. Pretty soon they will have to come up with some Lean Cuisine ~ all this fantasy food is still attached to my dragging wagon.

Welcome Marebear! You are already a good fit!
                    Last edited by Blondie; February 8, 2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: because I can
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                    X