Hi everyone I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I'm new

My name is Devika and I'm 52 years old. I'm from Sydney, Australia. I have 3 handsome boys. I had been working until 2009 but gave up to take care of my sick husband. I never touched a sewing machine in my life and don't even know what to do with the sewing machine. I felt like I wanted to do something challenging, so I went and bought a sewing machine. One of my friend kindly start me off with quilting and by the time I finished my first quilt I was really hooked up to quilting. I don't want to bother my friend so I started googling for quilting techniques. There you go Jenny and her 2 girls from Missouri quilt Co on utube was absolutely great. They gave very clear instructions and ideas. So I end up making 6 single bed quilts, 1 queen size quilt, 2 baby quilts, one talble runner with 6 mats and one coffee table cover within 13 months. Currently working on dissappearing 9 patch and tossing for another pattern. Just joined the quilting deals on facebook and one of the member suggested that I should join MSQC forum and post my quilts. Here I am..........

Re: Hi everyone I'm new

Oh my - you sound like you and your machine are getting along great!

Welcome to the forum - and can't wait to see some of your finished projects!!!! We love photos around here.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

What a tremendous output of quilts for someone who hasn't been sewing that long. I know I need to quit fondling fabric and start cutting and sewing. I have to catch up.

You will love it here - come often, stay long, and most of all, just enjoy.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey USA. Sounds like you really hit the ground running! I'll echo Trish and ask for pictures when you can, would love to see your projects!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Re: Just posted my quilts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, just manage to post my quilts, I love this forum. I must try to be more involved in the forum.

Comment

Devika, your quilts are beautiful! Thank you so much for posting pictures! I am super impressed by your work!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
            X