Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

I just registered. I learned of Missouri Star Quilt Company through facebook and I enjoyed the videos so I had to see what the Missour Star Quilt Company was all about. I didn't even know of it until today. I love to quilt! My grandmother used to quilt on a pedal machine and I use to walk by her work (I don't know when she ever found time to quilt, she was always in the kitchen making food for everyone) and I would just be in awe of her star quilts that she made from old dresses she no longer wore. One she made was out of dark maroon and dark dark blue and I just loved it even though there were courderoy in some of her quilts, I really liked the feel of it at night when we went to bed in the feather beds. So funny that I am talking about this but if you have never laid in a feather bed you roll to the center of the bed. LOL. Anyway, I am glad to have found this forum. My favorite type of quilting is medallions but I havent made very many if you know what I mean. I really do enjoy applique and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things now that my husband is back from Kuwait and I have enough sense to put something together. Glad to be here as a member. Thank You.

Re: Hi Everyone!

Eyveneen, We are so glad that you found us and very pleased that you found Missouri Star Quilt company, everyone here is like a big family. The store has mother duck Jenny and all her little ducklings, Sarah, Natalie and Al (hope I didn't miss anyone), and everyone here on the forum look out for everyone else and help out where we can, just like family. So if we can help you in any way let us know, we love questions and having you show us what you are working on and quilts you have finished if you would like to share them.

Hey girls did you like that, mother duck instead of mother hen, it seemed appropriate since the tutorials all have the silly duck quack.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyveneen View Post
      I just registered. Glad to be here as a member. Thank You.
      I'm going to try this again. Can someone tell me why my post went in front of Eyveneen's.
      Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Lynn I think the problem has to be related to the timestamps on the posts. If you notice your posts are timestamped 5:20 and 5:25 am but Eyveneen's is stamped 9:50 am. I believed the posts are put in chronological order. They should be sorted based on the actual entry time as recorded by the MSQC server but possibly they are getting sorted by the poster's actual computer time which will of course vary pending their time zone or if their computer even has the correct time. Just a guess on my part. I'm sure Al will check into it.

Welcome to the forums Eyveneen's!

Yep! Even my post is showing before Eyveneen's. My time stamp is correct for the actual time CST. For some reason Eyveneen's time stamp was several hours into the future??
        Last edited by Sewbee; February 6, 2011, 05:49 AM.
        Linda
        -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I'm going to see if I can welcome you before you joined the forum, too. You will love it here!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I've never done a medallian quilt, and I'd love to see yours!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
            X