Hello from snowy & cold Alberta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from snowy & cold Alberta!

Hope you're all warmer than we are!!! Actually, we're having a bit of a warming trend; it was -20C @ sunrise today, compared to -40C yesterday!! My birthday's in a couple of days, so I've decided to treat myself & learn to quilt. This was supposed to be a simple thing. Until my previous sewing machine became possessed by demons from sewing hell & made a mess of the small table runner that was my 1st project. I now have a new one I've named "Angel", just to be on the safe side! It's been a steep learning curve for me. I'm somewhat dyslexic in terms of math & spatial relationships, but I'm really enjoying it & I'm becoming more patient & accepting of myself.

I've enjoyed the tutorials on Youtube so much that I just had to sign on to the forum!!

Everyone stay safe & warm...& if your weather is warm, will you PLEASE send some this direction?!
    "The miracle is not that I finished,
    But that I began." ~Anon.

Re: Hello from snowy & cold Alberta!

Welcome to the forum!

Learning to quilt is a great birthday gift! Enjoy your stay and all the wonderful people here.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Hello back atcha from dreary New Jersey! After reading about your temps, I will no longer complain about it being in the 30s!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Love your machine names! Know that angel will really make a beautiful table runner for you. Stay warm and Missouri Star has some great tutorials!

Comment

Happy Birthday!
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Re: Hello from snowy &amp; cold Alberta!

Welcome from a fellow Canadian. You will love it here and learn so much. I live in Quebec and yes it was cold here as well. Today is a snow day.

Stay warm and stay safe
            Monique
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Re: Hello from snowy &amp; cold Alberta!

I will not complain about 4 degree Fahrenheit. I will NOT complain about 4 degree Fahrenheit . . . I will not . . .

Welcome to our new friend from Alberta. Love your little part of the world. I've spent time at Lake Louise, love Banff, have a wonderful 'adopted' son in Edmonton . . . hugs and stay long . . . and stay warm.

I, too name my machines . . . they send warm wishes to Angel.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
              X