Hello from KS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from KS

Hi there all! I am a machine piecer/longarmer in NE KS. I have been professionally machine quilting for over 10 years, and making quilts for over 20. I refer to it as my therapy. I have 2 sons, one in college, one a senior in HS, and a wonderful, supportive husband. I am just getting started in the blogging world as well. I enjoy cooking, organically gardening, we have chickens and honeybees as well, so can't use pesticides anyway!! I have always said that if I write a book it would be titled: "Confessions of a Farmer's Daughter," and then decided that ADHD needed to be placed in front of the farmers!! I am guilty of saying things like," that sounds like fun, let's try that", or, "that sounds cool, lets do that!" Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you, I don't always take the time to post, but read faithfully. HTH, Lisa in KS

Re: Hello from KS

Hi Lisa, welcome. We have a great bunch of ladies here, I'm sure you will enjoy it and we would be happy for you to lend some of your experience to our newer quilters. We would also love to see some of your work, we love pictures.

PS I nearly married a farmer...lucky save for me. He is still a good friend and it wouldn't have been so bad but I dearly love my DH.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; January 21, 2011, 05:21 PM. Reason: Added PS
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hi Lisa, I am from KS also. Maize, Ks , if you know where that is. Welcome to the forum, you will love it!! Hope to see you again here soon!
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome! How nice to have a longarmer in the crowd.....
        Michele

Comment

Hi Lisa, glad you could join us! It's a great site and you know a lot so we can all pick your brain. LOL I'm only kidding. We promise to be play nice. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us. You will love Jenny and her tutorials. Her daughters and son are fantastic. Al has done such a great job making this site user friendly. It is a wonderful family doing a great thing for all of us. The girls have great deals for us and their customer service is a wonderful refreshing thing to behold. Enjoy! Hugs, Jan L.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you join us. Please post pictures! We love pictures!Sam
            Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome, Lisa. I'm right across the big ole Muddy Mo from you - close enough to wave, so just look out your eastern-most window about now. Yup, that's me. I'm a former Jones Girl who grew up on a farm. I'm about ready to do anything outrageous, too. Last week my DH and I tried something wild and exciting - we did horizontal bungee cord jumping off the 36 Hwy bridge. Sorry, didn't make the papers or local TV news though. Next time.

Enjoy yourself here - we have such a wonderful on-going party.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome Lisa, from New Jersey!
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                X