Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Michigan

Hi Everyone,

Glad to find a community of quilters. This should be a fun place!

I've made a few quilts but I will say I'm still a newbie as I struggle with pieces lining up properly, binding attaching nicely to the back, etc.

Am working on a quilt top that I made with the tumbler template from here. The one that fits the charm pack. It is really easy and fun. I think it needs borders next.

Thanks!
    Melissa

Re: Hello From Michigan

Welcome from Ky Melissa. I have 2 sisters in Michigan and I was born there. What part are you from?
    You most definitely will love it here. Everyone makes you feel like family right from the start.If you have any questions just leave a post and you will be amazed at how many responses you will get. There are so many people with so many new ideas, sometimes I get overwhelmed at all the new ideas(want to do them all!!) I just love this forum and you will too. Guaranteed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
      Welcome from Ky Melissa. I have 2 sisters in Michigan and I was born there. What part are you from?
      You most definitely will love it here. Everyone makes you feel like family right from the start.If you have any questions just leave a post and you will be amazed at how many responses you will get. There are so many people with so many new ideas, sometimes I get overwhelmed at all the new ideas(want to do them all!!) I just love this forum and you will too. Guaranteed!!!
      Thank you! I'm northwest of Detroit in a little town called Clarkston....I grew up south of Detroit in Trenton. I've also lived in Novi and Rochester Hills...all mostly Metro Detroit. Where did you live?

Comment

Originally posted by mclifford973 View Post
        Thank you! I'm northwest of Detroit in a little town called Clarkston....I grew up south of Detroit in Trenton. I've also lived in Novi and Rochester Hills...all mostly Metro Detroit. Where did you live?
        I was born in Detroit and one sister lives in Whittmore and the other in Lansing. I don't remember anything about it because I was just 18 months old when we moved to KY. Again you will Love love love this forum...

Comment

Welcome Melissa! Another former Michigan resident here...I was born and spent most of my life in Ludington.
          Hope you have fun on the forum. There is so much that is good about this site that I could not list it all!
          Happy quilting!
          Patti
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hi, Melissa!
            Welcome from Massachusetts ! My hubby & I visited Lansing Michigan regularly while our son was there in college. It is a beautiful location. Have you checked out the tutorials? Aren't they wonderful? You can expect many wonderful experiences with this group. Carol Ann

Comment

Thank you all for the kind welcome comments! I'm reading alot here, have subscribed to a few threads and also posted in a few. Am excited to hear back.

Comment

Working...
              X