X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New From Maine

Hi,
    I am new...
    I think I like the idea of a forum but I get overwhelmed with wanting to read all these posts and run out to time and don't get anything els done...
    I will say... It is fun to pick out fabric...
    BUT...
    I have a hard time deciding what pattern to do when I am attempting a new project...

Re: New From Maine

I agree that this place can become what I call a "time sucker" LOL....you get in here and forget that you have world revolving around you...

I too have a hard time figuring out a pattern for projects...so I have just started going with the flow...I will decide what kind of blocks I want to make with what I have chosen and let the blocks dictate the pattern of the project. Right now I'm working on a jelly roll quilt. I am sewing 6 strips together then cutting into 12.5"x12.5" squares to start out. I may sub cut them into HSTs and re-sew together after mixing them up..or I may just do a rail pattern...I'll decide after I have all the strips sewn and blocks cut and see what they are saying to me...
    Michele

Comment

Hi Darla, Welcome from Western NY. You will love this site with all it's tutorials and the great people that are here. And yes, we all spend a lot of time chatting but it's worth it as you learn a lot from all the talented people on this forum. So sit back and enjoy it. LOL
      Hugs, Jan L
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thank you both for the welcome to the forum. Michelle, I also just let it happen... I just haven't relaxed yet. Like you, I am a little worried about losing my time. I also seem to just let my pattern evolve. Slow to start and then just push it out.
        I love the tutorials. I just wish I could be part of the family there at Missouri Star since they seem to be havin' lots of FUN!

Jan, Thank you. I am just going to have to make sure I get my chores done so I won't feel guilty chatting.

Warm Smile,
        =Darla

Comment

Originally posted by McDarla View Post
          TI am just going to have to make sure I get my chores done so I won't feel guilty chatting.
          Chores? What chores? What ARE chores? They need to be done? I vaguely remember that I used to do them . . . and then I started quilting . . .

Welcome to the most fantastic forum around. You will love it here, Darla.

Sandy from NWMO
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
          X