Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to all of this! :)

Hi,
    my name is Sarah. I am a armywife looking for a new hobby. My husband has is deployed (yet again) and i need something to do to pass the time until he came home. my mother suggested that i learn how to sew and make quilts because right now we live in Germany and the more blankets you have the better off you are. I have been watching some of the youtube videos and it seems pretty cool. I remember as a child watching my grandmother make quilts with the big wooden hoops but now that i know that you can do it on a machine i am going to try to my hand at it. Wish me luck.

Re: New to all of this!

Welcome from Ky Sarah. You will love this forum. There are a great bunch of people here that are very helpful and have alot of good ideas and advice to share.
    Rhonda

Comment

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Be sure to tell your husband that we are all very proud of him and thank him for his service.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
        Welcome, welcome, welcome. Be sure to tell your husband that we are all very proud of him and thank him for his service.
        Thank you i will let him know

Comment

Hi Sarah, Welcome to quilting! The tutorials on this sight are fantastic and know that you will make a fantastic quilt for you and dear hubby. Thank you so much for your service!!

Comment

Hello from Massachusetts, Sarah !
            So pleased you decided to join our happy group. We are thrilled to befriend you and hope you enjoy making quilts to show off to your family. God Bless your husband for the commitment he has made for us all. Carol Ann

Comment

Working...
            X