X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gingersnap
    replied
    Re: New to sewing and quilting

I taught myself to sew when I was eight years oid and to quilt when I was 10. I am happiest when there is a needle and thread in my hand and a quilt on my lap. I enjoy seeing the work others do, as well as exchanging ideas. It's good to have a place where those with a commonality can meet and enjoy each others company via computer!

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

hello from northern MN... i too took up the quilting. at 43... after my husband died... it was my self prescribed therapy... so hooked now i want to buy a long arm some day to do the fancy stitches.. and the girls and every one on the forum are helpful... like this one time a lady had trouble with her backing there where puckers and what nots.... we reallied to her aide. it is nice her...i am 45 1/2 now...

oh we love pictures. all the best and welcome you are ina good place... great place for learners...that us.

Leave a comment:

• Onetiredmomma
    replied

Welcome! I'm new here too and although I've had a functional knowledge of sewing, I've just done simple repairs, doll clothes, and curtains until now. I've done everything on my grandmother's machine until my mom just bought me my own machine for Christmas. Wow, a lot has changed in 40 years! I'm nit far off from finishing my first re quilt on my own. This forum seems to be full of friendly knowledgeable people. Glad to meet you.

Leave a comment:

• RFREE
    replied

Welcome from KY You will love it here.

Leave a comment:

• debi weaver
    replied

Welcome to the forum and site! I also taught myself to sew and made all my own clothes since I was in 7th grade. My daughters still prefer my stuff to "store-bought"! I am NEW at quilting, but I am having a great time because of the tutorials and forum. Right now, we're deep into the Black & White Block Swap (see it under groups). It is so fun to work together on a project. I also have a NEW machine and agree with you. I cannot believe how much easier it is to sew with my new one! I want to sew all the time.
    I'm really lucky! I live 35 minutes from MSQC and love driving over just to browse and shop! I put a post on my blog about visiting the shop and photos of the girls. We had a great time!
    So, have fun with us...and pop in often!
    Love, Debi

Would love to have you click over to my blog: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• plf
    replied

Thanks Jan L. That's a good idea. I will check out the symposium. Thanks everyone, looking forward to learn so much on here, after I learn my way around the forum

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Originally posted by Chris48 View Post
    Hi! I've taught myself quilting with a "little" help from different books and watching shows like Nancy Zeiman, Fons and Porter and Alex Anderson when she was on the TLC channel years ago. I just recently learned about the YouTube videos and absolutely love them, almost like having one-on-one lessons from a teacher, except you can't ask questions. And I love the forums, its so great to have so many other quilters to ask and receive help from.
    I finally found a quilt guild to go. Where we live, its not been easy to find other quilters. So I'm really looking forward to giving that a try.
    You can ask questions Chris. If you go to forum and scroll down to ask MSQC girls or just ask on the forum you'll get questions answered. You could take Jenny's class on symposium.com. It's a great course, you can ask questions and Jenny will answer your questions as will the other people taking the course. And you can go back and listen and watch the lessons over and over again. Same goes for you plf. Jan L

Leave a comment:

• Chris48
    replied

Hi! I've taught myself quilting with a "little" help from different books and watching shows like Nancy Zeiman, Fons and Porter and Alex Anderson when she was on the TLC channel years ago. I just recently learned about the YouTube videos and absolutely love them, almost like having one-on-one lessons from a teacher, except you can't ask questions. And I love the forums, its so great to have so many other quilters to ask and receive help from.
    I finally found a quilt guild to go. Where we live, its not been easy to find other quilters. So I'm really looking forward to giving that a try.

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Welcome! I also taught myself to sew and just love quilting. I gave up on making clothes (I started on baby clothes and they were way too hard to make and look good). I love the creativity of quilting and the freedom to try new things. The MSQC's tutorials are fantastic and they have great Daily Deals ! Also, help is available through this forum and the ladies are just super! Linda

Leave a comment:

• plf
    started a topic New to sewing and quilting

New to sewing and quilting

Hello, I am very new to sewing and even newer to quilting. I have taught myself to use a sewing machine (my mother was supposed to, but got sick and passed away before she could). So at 43 years old, I took out her old sewing machine and just started. I just recently bought a new machine and am so excited about how much easier it is to use than the old one! I saw one of your tutorials on youtube and have started to make quilts! I LOVE your tutorials, you have such neat ideas and they are so easy! Don't ever stop making those tutorials! I just wish I lived there so I can visit your shop!
Working...
X