Hello from Alabama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Alabama!

Hi! Everyone, I'm a self taught quilter, because of where we live there not alot of quilds or quilt shops to go so if you want to quilt you are left to your own devices and the internet to learn how so the MO. Star Quilt videos have been a big help. Not sure I always done things the they should have been but they were finished and out the door to new homes.
    Besides quilting, I love sewing for my GK, ages 6yr and 4-1/2, both girls and a 9mo boy; and occasionally something for DH but not often.
    I love trying new techniques and looking at what others have done; and thinking that I too could try that. Will love checking out the tutorials and seeing what new tricks I could learn. Hope everyone has a great and properous 2011 Chris
    Chris

http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me

Re: Hello from Alabama!

Hi Chris, from New Jersey! It must be hard not to have anyone teach you in person - I'm on my own now but when I first started I took a class, and as I was brand new to sewing as well as quilting I really benefitted from having someone show me, in person, how to do some basic beginning things.

I laughed when you said you weren't sure you'd done things the way they were supposed to be - I hear you!

Make sure you post pictures of your projects, we love to see them.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome!!! I'm in north Alabama ... Where are you?? Stinks that you don't have anything local. I'm psyched that we are getting a Joanns in march up here. But I know that I'll always have MSQC here!!!

Please share your projects... We love to see them!!
      Michele

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
        Hi Chris, from New Jersey! It must be hard not to have anyone teach you in person - I'm on my own now but when I first started I took a class, and as I was brand new to sewing as well as quilting I really benefitted from having someone show me, in person, how to do some basic beginning things.

I laughed when you said you weren't sure you'd done things the way they were supposed to be - I hear you!

Make sure you post pictures of your projects, we love to see them.
        Hi! Deb, My husband grew up in Villas and Cape May. He's got more relatives in that area than we can count! We met when he was stationed(USMC) in New Orleans and I was working there as a nurse.
        I was lucky to have a pretty strong background in garment sewing and I watched alot of Alex Anderson when she was on either the TLC or HGTV channels, I think that was in late 90's. Along with Nancy Zeiman and Fons &Porter, I decide one day to give it a try and haven't regretted one minute of it. My inspiration to learn was a good friend who loved making clothes for her GK's but when the children got old enough to say they didn't want to wear the clothes she made anymore; she had no other sewing interest. I decided I wasn't going to be that way because I loved sewing too much to let that ever happen. I might lose function of my hands but as long I could cut and put the fabric under the needle of the machine, I'm going to sew something!
        My GK don't need alot so I spend a good bit of time sewing for Threads of Love organization. We make preemie items for the three hospitals in our area. I never had a preemie but have worked in hospitals that had NICU's so I understand the need.
        Hi! Shellscraps, we live in Eclectic, near wetumpka and Montgomery. Next week, I'm going to try to find out if there's quilt guild in Wetumpka. Someone told me there might be one. Here's a link to my photo album http: //community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me Take care, Chris
        Chris

http://community.webshots.com/user/seweasy4me

Comment

Working...
        X