Hello from Orlando!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Orlando!!

Hi! I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself. I have been crocheting and cross stitching for years, and just started quilting in March when my son's spring break turned into school from home for the rest of the school year. I'm so glad I found these forums as they've given me much needed hints and tips to get my quilting projects completed.

Just a bit about me, I'm a mom to a sweet almost 20 year old (time is going way too fast!!) son who has autism and epilepsy. He's non-verbal and still attends high school and will graduate when he turns 22. I'm also a wife to the best step-father I could have ever dreamed of for my son. My son is high-risk for Covid so he and I have been doing school online and I've been quilting to keep from going stir crazy after school ends.

I'm happy to be here! ๐Ÿ˜Š -Didi

Hello and welcome. This is a very welcoming and helpful place, with very helpful quilters! This COVID thing has been nasty but the quilting has helped us all cope a little more.
    Carlie

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Didi. Itโ€™s good that you found a place of peace and creativity in quilting. It sounds like you are doing your best during this trying time. ๐ŸŒป
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from another Fl gal, we're in Jacksonville!
        Katrina
        โ€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.โ€ Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome from Sarasota! You'll find lots of friendly, helpful people here.
            Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
            ๐Ÿ™„

Comment

animated-hello-image-0016.gif and welcome from Trenton, Ontario. Quilting is a lovely well to stay calm and happy. It's been my godsend this last year.

Comment

Hello and welcome from So. California. Since COVID restricts my ability to be around the grandkids, my sewing room is now my go to happy place. Even when the sewing mojo is just not there, I can still go in and look at the fabric and reassure the stash that soon we will be playing together again. I feel just like minipinlady, this forum has been a godsend to me. Glad you joined us.

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. Glad you found us and joined in. Lots of good advice, help and laughs to be found here. I am also grateful for a wonderful StepDad for my youngest son.
                  No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                  Aesop

Comment

Hello and welcome from FL too. I'm just a little south of you on the east coast so wave if you pass by.

Comment

Welcome from a transplanted Hoosier to Prescott Valley, Arizona! Wonderful people on this forum! Glad you joined us! Take care ...

Comment

Welcome from TX. This forum keeps me sane..I feel like I have friendships here!

Comment

Welcome Didi from Indiana. Glad you joined us. This place is almost as fun as Disney World (almost).

Rob
                          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                          --Ken Burns

Comment

Hi Didi & welcome from Texas. This is a great forum & I'm so glad you joined us. As you probably know, you can as any and as many questions as you want about quilting & there will surely be more than one person who will have a great answer for you. This is my "go to" place every single day. Sometimes I feel like it's addicting but I don't care. ๐Ÿ˜ We love pictures here & would like to see what you are making these days.

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                              bjsmith57

Comment

Working...
                              X