Hi from Alberta, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Alberta, Canada

I'm very excited to be part of this forum.

I've been quilting for approx. 10 years now and hopelessly addicted. My husband constantly tells me that I should hang a sign on the front door or our house for a fabric store....I love fabric!!!

I have 4 beautiful grandkids that I love to sew for....halloween costumes, pyjamas, special outfits, and of course quilts.

Whenever we travel in our RV, I always stop along the road at Quilt Stores to pick up fat quarters and make projects to remind us of various trips we have made.

I'm always on the lookout for new patterns and ideas. I look forward to meeting fellow quilters.

Kim

Re: Hi from Alberta, Canada

Hi grammakim. You're gonna love it here...everyone is so nice & creative. Maybe we can learn a LOT from you. Lots of us are kinda new at quilting, but still also addicted. This place is friendly, informative & inspiring. & we just LOVE pics of your projects. Have you checked out the daily deals on here? Here is
    one of my fave web sites for free patterns: http://www.jojosgiftshoppe.com/free-...-resources.htm
    Where do you like to go in your RV?
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Welcome Kim from Western NY. Glad you decided to stop by. Sit down put your feet up and rest awhile and look at the beautiful things the girls have done. Hugs, Jan

Jan Luna
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Welcome Kim from Ky . You have picked a good forum to join. You will love it here. Lots of ideas and you will love all the pictures and different things everybody has to offer. Glad you can join us.
        Rhonda

Comment

welcome. I have one grandchild. After four boys we finally got that girl. She will be two in feb. Love the idea of purchasing fat quarters on your trip. You will have something special there. You will like it here. happy quilting
          Patrice

Comment

Hi right back at you!! Anxious to hear where in Alberta you are from. Have one of our dearest friends who lives in Edmonton. Have visited the Banff region many times and LOVE that part of the world. Last time we were there we played golf at Kananaskas (did I spell that correctly?).
            Last edited by Sandy Navas; December 31, 2010, 05:52 AM. Reason: typo
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hi Kim, from New Jersey! I've been quilting on and off for four years and am still very new (and addicted) so I'm sure I can learn a lot from you! Enjoy the site!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

What a friendly group, thank you for making me feel so welcome.

We live an hour east of Banff in the Rocky Mountains. We spend alot of times driving and camping in the mountains. It is so beautiful there, no matter how many times we go there. We bought our r/v 2 yrs ago and so far have travelled across Canada and through the northern States.

The nice thing with the R/V is that I bring my sewing machine with me when we go on longer trips. It's great to have when you run into rainy days when you are stuck inside due to weather.

I will start posting some of my projects as a get used to the site and how to maneuver around in it.

again, thank you for all your kind words.

Comment

Working...
                X