Hello from MIchigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from MIchigan

Hello from lower Michigan. I found this as I was browsing MSQC and decided to join. I don't have any friends that quilt so I don't have anyone to share my hobby with. I have been quilting for about 6 years off and on, but jumped back in full speed ahead back in March when the pandemic hit. I am now fully engrossed in quilting. Since March I have finished 5 quilts and have 6 quilt projects currently in progress (two are BOM) with of course more planned. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I'm always learning something new and look forward to learning more from you all.

Welcome from TX!!

Comment

Glad you joined, this group will help you in any way they can, you need to view the library of these very talented quilters. show us your projects!
      Kathryn
      There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Missouri.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello! Welcome to the forum. So happy you’ve joined us.
          💫 Star lover

Comment

Hello amd welcome from BC, Canada! You are in good hands here. =)
            Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Good day and welcome from the suburbs of Canada's Capital. Enjoy the ride and the support in the forum. I have been quilting for about the same amount of time and actually welcome days where we dont go out so I can spend some time quilting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome from the mile high city CO and enjoy the company

Comment

Welcome from Indiana. This is a great place to learn.

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

• cyfisher
                    cyfisher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Rob, Where in Indiana are you? I work in Indianapolis, so I spend half my time between Michigan and Indiana. I've been working from home since March so of course I've spent more time in Michigan this year.

• Rob the HOAQ
                    Rob the HOAQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm down in the southwestern part of the state near the Ohio River. My wife's sister lives in Indy.

Rob

Welcome from So.Calif, glad you joined us. I have learned so much from the forum family and at times even re-learn (😁) and weathered the "what was I thinking" moments. None of my friends quilt either and this forum family has been such blessing.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Minnesota. This has been a great place for help and support for me since I joined back in May.
                    Carlie

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. This is a wonderful place to share your quilting journey. I, too, have no friends or family to share my love of quilting, so I am right at home here with so many talented folks. Please share with us and if you have any questions someone here will be able to provide an answer.
                      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                      Aesop

Comment

Welcome from another Michigander!!!
                        This is an awesome forum !!!
                        ************************************************** *****************
                        Below is some info you might be interested to know!
                        Welcome to Missouri Star Quilt Company!!!!!
                        Glad you've found the Forum!
                        If you have just found the forum and Missouri Star Quilt Company.....Here's some info you might like!!!
                        this is an awesome site. Actually, I'm partial to MSQC's forum....so I guess you can say I'm a little bit biased. That's okay though!
                        If you haven't been a lurker here for very long OR haven't lurked at all......MSQC has the best forum out there. Many people who are members can help you with your questions about quilting and just regular sewing too! We enjoy getting new members to the forum here at Missouri Star Quilt Company's forum !!!

First, MSQC's Jenny Doan posts a video tutorial for a new Quilt Pattern (OR sometimes it's a neat sewing project too!) each week on Fridays. Here's this week's video:
                        https://youtu.be/oq8Vs9RI1gM
                        (It's an awesome quilt....well, all of the tutorials Jenny does are awesome.....and of course, there might be a tutorial or two I'm not crazy about...but that's okay, we all have likes and dislikes of course!)
                        Missouri Star Quilt Company has a Daily Deal.....it's found on the Web site's front page......just click on the Daily Deal....you'll find some awesome deals there...and like most of us order WAY too much....but we still love the Daily Deal!!!
                        Here's 10/13/2020 daily deal!
                        https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...219.1600286093
                        (the Daily Deal changes at 12 midnight CST (Central Time)
                        Every three weeks Jenny Doan, Natalie Doan & Misty Doan do what's called a Triple Play!! Each gal makes "her vision" of what a particular pattern or quilt block might be. It's an amazing video to watch!!!
                        Here's the newest Triple Play Video called
                        https://youtu.be/t7F7LCX-z7c?t=1
                        When the Triple Play falls on a FRIDAY......this is the weekly Tutorial!
                        ************************************************** ************************
                        Misty Doan (Wife of Jake Doan....Jenny & Ron's son) has a tutorial that she does every Tuesday!! She's fast becoming a favorite of mine (and hopefully yours too!)
                        Misty posts a new video EVERY TUESDAY !!
                        Here's Misty's newest video!
                        https://youtu.be/QJTc7L_3vnM?t=3
                        Here's another bunch of Tutorials called "Quilt Snips" These are short videos showing you how to make quilt blocks the easiest way possible!!
                        https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ilt%20Snips%20
                        Please note that the tab "Community" on the Missouri Star Quilt Company Website will give you all types of information about MSQC...Enjoy!
                        https://quiltingtutorials.com/

Welcome to Missouri Star Quilt Company!!!!
                        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Hello from Texas. I'm so glad you are here & hope we can help you along your quilting journey. There are so many helpful quilters here who have lots of answers to questions. We love pictures here so feel free to post them of projects you have made or progress pictures of what you are making.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. So which one are you in the Avatar picture? The blond or the brunet? I grew up in Mich. I don't miss the humid summers, the mosquitoes, or the winters. I've lived in 8 states, but I like CO the best.

Comment

Working...
                            X