jennysgmom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jennysgmom

My grandaughter and I are new to quilting. She is 12 and I am, well, older. We finished our first quilt top. Hope to have it quilted soon. It's for her bed. I am enjoying learning new things on your yourtube tutorials. I have been working on a disappearing 9 patche and I love how easy it is and how it looks like more work went into it than it did. I hope to check back later.

Re: jennysgmom

Welcome to the site! You'll love it here... lots of special folks and inspiration. And you've learned the secret of the disappearing 9 patch (that it looks like more work than it is). Good for you!

Make sure you post a picture of you and your granddaughter's quilt. We love to see pictures of everyone's projects.

How special to be learning with your granddaughter!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is the quilt top that Jenny and I made. I hope the I did this right.
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a great quilt! You two did an excellent job. It's so wonderful that your learning with your grandaughter!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Really cute! I'll bet your grandaughter will always treasure both the quilt and your time together!

Comment

Welcome to the board!
            What a beautiful quilt you and your granddaughter made. I am doing a disappearing nine patch but I guess it all depends on how you turn the blocks when cut - mine don't look anything like yours.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hi, welcome
              I love the quilt you and your granddaughter made. I'm going to see my granddaughters in March and I'm hoping to teach Rebekah who is 7 yrs old to make her 1st doll quilt.

What a joy it must be to pass on such a gift to a new generation of quilters.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
                Welcome to the board!
                What a beautiful quilt you and your granddaughter made. I am doing a disappearing nine patch but I guess it all depends on how you turn the blocks when cut - mine don't look anything like yours.

Hugs,
                The quilt I made with my grandaughter isn't a disappearing nine patch. It was from a kit and we sewed the blocks together and added the border.

The one I am working on now is the disappearing nine patch.

Sorry for any miscommunication.

Comment

Originally posted by grammakim04 View Post
                  Hi, welcome
                  I love the quilt you and your granddaughter made. I'm going to see my granddaughters in March and I'm hoping to teach Rebekah who is 7 yrs old to make her 1st doll quilt.

What a joy it must be to pass on such a gift to a new generation of quilters.

Kim
                  I love that all my grandkids live within 4 miles on me. Jenny is my only grandaughter and I'm really happy that she enjoys sewing and likes to spend time with me doing it.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. What memories you are creating with your granddaughter.

Comment

Working...
                    X