Hi from Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Georgia

Hi - I am Nina and I am a "renewed" quilt. I am married for 33+ years and have 2 grown daughters, one of which is back in the nest due to a divorce a few years ago. I have an eclectic set of hobbies ... volunteering at the American Legion Post, reading, gardening, cross country motorcyling, fishing, and quilting. I learned to hand quilt as a child from an adopted Grandmother/neighbor. I loved it but then college, marriage, kids, caring for aging parents, work, etc. got in the way and quilting fell by the wayside. I have done some sewing in the meantime - a layette for a niece, patches on vests for my American Legion Riders group but no quilting. When coronavirus hit I got the sewing machine back out to make masks and thankfully that has led me back to quilting, though this time it is machine quilting and at the same time I am teaching my 29 year old daughter.

My first project after mask making was a king size quilt for my husband using 5" charm packs (red, white & blue) - he assured me I was crazy to start with that ... I have to agree. I have the top pieced but have not started quilting yet, I figured I would do a smaller project first. I just pieced a smaller quilt for my sister (browns yellows & oranges) and am trying to get it finished for her birthday.

I am looking forward to having a community to seek advice from and share experieces with going forward.
    Attached Files

Welcome from Minnesota. I, too, got sidetracked with life as my interest in quilting began about 30 years ago. I joined this form back in the spring of this year. I hope you find it as inspiring and helpful as I have found it to be. The quilters here are generous with their advice and compliments on your work. I must say you really started out large. I really like the color combinations on the quilt for your sister, very striking.
    Carlie

Comment

Welcome from BC, Canada Nina! I am a new member who only found this wonderful quilting community a few days ago. I am also a returning quilter and am in the planning stages of my first bed quilt. The kind people here have been so helpful. They are truly lovely! I certainly don'thave their experience, but I am happy to help you with what I know so far. Your quilt tops look great! I especially love that red white and blue one. I'm drawn to those colours! Happy quilting!! 🤗
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. It's so good to have you here. I love that you are not afraid to jump back into quilting with both feet.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

Welcome from TX!! That's fantastic your back at quilting. I love that our of 5 kids I finally have 1, my youngest daughter whose sews. It's fun when your daughter wants to join in. ..mine ablverated my stash when I gave her free ran to shop. Jenny's tutorials are the best! Good luck on your projects!! Ask questions and have a blast!

Comment

Hello and welcome from Indiana. You won't find a better forum on the web for quilting. Love your quilts, by the way.

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Florida. I hope you'll enjoy your time here.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Howdy from Texas. Your first two quilt tops are awesome! So glad you joined this board & I believe you will truly enjoy the help & encouragement you will get here. Not to mention the fact that you will have Jenny's tutorials right here at your fingertips. Have fun with your new found adventure.

Comment

Welcome to the group from Long Island, The Bahamas! Your quilts you have made are really beautiful.
                    Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

Comment

Working...
                    X