Hi from Texas πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Texas πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±

Hi, I am Nancy and live near Houston, Texas. I am a wife, mother, Mimi to 9 and great Mimi to 8!
    I look forward to getting some tips from you. I have made quilts for grandkids and a few for myself. Right now I am very interested in doing a Bargello quilt.

Welcome Mimi to the forum. There are lots of grandma quilters here.

Hopefully, there will be some of our bargello masters chiming in with hints and showing you their beautiful quilts.
    Katrina
    β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Howdy from Katy πŸ˜‰

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. Isn't it wonderful to be a greatgrand? Haven't made a bargello quilt yet, but it is on my list also.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

The only bargello quilt I've made is Donna Jordan's pattern, but it's not the usual wavy pattern that some make. I know there are those here who have made them. It seems like Jenny did a tutorial once on it. Have you checked out the videos on YouTube?

Welcome from Colorado.

Comment

Howdy from another Texan. I live south of Houston & and hunkering down & waiting for Hurricane Laura to pass us by. Hope you are staying safe & making preparations for Thursday. So glad you decided to join this board. There is a lot of help here & encouraging quilters.

Comment

Welcome. i am North of The Woodlands but originally from Houston. I lived over two decades in Colorado though. I don't like the heat here. nor Hurricanes either. Quilting I like anywhere. This is a fun forum,. enjoy!

Comment

Hello from Indiana. This forum is a great place to visit and to learn.

Rob
                There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                --Ken Burns

Comment

Hello from Spring Branch, TX--not the Spring Branch in Houston--just north of San Antonio. If you live near Katy, there is a great shop on I-10--Sew Special Quilts.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. There is a wealth of inspiration and help when you need it here.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and welcome from Minnesota! It's great being a grandma, haven't yet gotten to the great grandma yet but I'll wait patiently. I've found lots of help here on this forum, I'm sure you will too!
                      Carlie

Comment

Greetings from NW Minnesota, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

From one Mimi to another Mimi, welcome to the forum from So. Calif. I am Mimi to 4, oldest is 13 and youngest is 4.

Comment

To those of you in the Houston / Gulf Coast areas ~ Please stay safe. It sounds like Hurricane Laura is going to come ashore as a Cat. 4 & will have high storm surges. I saw 18-20 ft. on the internet earlier this eve., going inland as much as 30 mi. I hope everyone is out of harm's way. Update us (if you can) on how your are.

Comment

Welcome from Spring TX. I joined this forum shortly after making my first quilt. Still haven't done a bargello or log cabin yet. They're on my to do list.

Comment

Working...
                              X