Howdy from Illinois!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Illinois!

Howdy everyone! I started quilting in 2018 when I made a queen-sized engagement quilt. In 2020, I finally had enough time to join a local quilting guild and I now have way too many sewing projects on my table. I have yet to make a quilt with blocks or anything beyond squares, but I have the supplies gathered to make a half-square triangle quilt and an improv quilt. I've really gotten into hand piecing/quilting which is very meditative but also extremely slow. Some of my work is in the photos below. Enjoy!

My day job is as an architectural and urban designer in Chicagoland and the Midwestern states. I live with my fiance, Ian, and cat (read: devil child), Scritches, in a little bitty apartment on Chicago's Southside.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Welcome from Minnesota! I have not been on this forum for long but you will find a ton a help if you need it. Looks to me like you are well on your way. I, too, like hand quilting although I have not done any hand piecing.
    Carlie

Comment

Welcome from southern Illinois. Close to St Louis

Comment

Hello from Indiana, although by birth I am from Illinois. What you've shown is very impressive.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. Glad you joined us. It looks like you're well on your way into the quilting hobby.

Comment

Welcome from a NW Indiana (Hammond/Hobart) transplant to Prescott Valley, AZ! Wonderful people on this forum who are willing to give you advice and encouragement. Enjoy your journey!

Comment

Howdy from Texas. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I look forward to seeing more of your work. This is a great quilting forum & you will find lots of information & encouragement here.

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. It is refreshing that a young(er) person is interested in hand piecing and quilting. It is amazing what you have done in such a short time. Thanks for sharing your projects with us. If you have any questions, someone here will have an answer for you.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Florida. You've made some beautiful quilts!
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Adding another welcome from a fellow (part-time) south sider. Spend a lot of time in the Midway airport area (67th & Kostner.) Lot of great quilters here with handy tips & tricks. Looking forward to meeting you when this travel restricted time is over!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us...love your quilt.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great job! Welcome from TX!!

Comment

Lovely quilts, welcome from Wisconsin!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X