New to forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum

Hi everyone. Came across this forum eons ago but never posted. I have been watching Jenny's tutorials forever. I am retired and of the age to not be going out now with Covid. Pretty much staying at home. I have been wanting to quilt since the 90's. I have a Better Homes and Garden applique quilt and small hanging above the head board since 1985. Time and life kinda kept me away. Had a person say why quilt all you do is cut up fabric little pieces and sew them together again, ugh. I had no response and forgot about it for a long time. I have been doing charity quilts for Lutheran World Relief for quite awhile and now have been working on making quilts tops for that. I made my first quilt in 2016 for my daughters wedding had it quilted but am stuck on putting on the binding. I have so many ideas in my head its so much fun. Darling hubby bought me a new machine so I am busy busy with sewing. He even offered to learn to sew to help me out. He also loves designing and plotting out the pieces. He's a keeper. We will be married 47 years Tuesday and we have 3 grand daughters under 3 and another grandchild on the way and a 10 year old grandson who is taller than me. Looking forward to reading all about you.I am also interested in doing Quilts of Valor and I do crocheted blankets for Project Linus. Housework is done a bit every day. The Queen is not coming so it is clean enough for me. Everyone be safe and sew happy and I look forward to meeting you all.

Today, 08:59 PM

Hi everyone. Came across this forum eons ago but never posted. I have been watching Jenny's tutorials forever. I am retired and of the age to not be going out now with Covid. Pretty much staying at home. I have been wanting to quilt since the 90's. I have a Better Homes and Garden applique quilt and small hanging above the head board since 1985. Time and life kinda kept me away. Had a person say why quilt all you do is cut up fabric little pieces and sew them together again, ugh. I had no response and forgot about it for a long time. I have been doing charity quilts for Lutheran World Relief for quite awhile and now have been working on making quilts tops for that. I made my first quilt in 2016 for my daughters wedding had it quilted but am stuck on putting on the binding. I have so many ideas in my head its so much fun. Darling hubby bought me a new machine so I am busy busy with sewing. He even offered to learn to sew to help me out. He also loves designing and plotting out the pieces. He's a keeper. We will be married 47 years Tuesday and we have 3 grand daughters under 3 and another grandchild on the way and a 10 year old grandson who is taller than me. Looking forward to reading all about you.I am also interested in doing Quilts of Valor and I do crocheted blankets for Project Linus. Housework is done a bit every day. The Queen is not coming so it is clean enough for me. Everyone be safe and sew happy and I look forward to meeting you all.

Tags: None

Comment

• redcaboose1717
      redcaboose1717 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Forum!
      If you've been watching/reading MSQC information, I won't post what I usually do for new members as I'm sure you know about the Daily Deal, the Friday tutorials, the Quilt Snips, etc.

I think it's great that you are donating your time to Project Linus and that you are also interested in Quilts Of Valor too.

Happy Anniversary too! I'm sure you're going to enjoy being a member of the forum here!

Welcome from Texas! Glad you're here! I admire people who do charity quilts. When I was in Germany our guild did them for the wounded warriors and NICU at landstuhl hospital. I work full time now and quilt for fun and family in between.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. I also took up quilting when I retired. It's an addictive hobby! But very worthwhile & rewarding. You should be able to find tutorials on YouTube that demo. how to sew on bindings. Feel free to ask questions here & share your projects. Happy Quilting!

Comment

Welcome to the forum from So. California. I have a 10 year old grand daughter that is taller than me and my 13 yr grandson is inching his way up to 6 ft. But I am still taller than the 6 and 4 year old girls (at least for a little while longer). And happy early anniversary.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota! I too started quilting many years ago but life and work got in the way. Now retired and having a ball quilting and cross stitching! Happy Anniversary early! My hubby and I have been married 46 years this past May.
            Carlie

Comment

Welcome from Ohio. Sometimes after a quilt is 'almost' done it is hard to get to that last step....binding. Funny, but I am one that likes to sew on binding by hand. LOL, Glad you joined in at last!
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Florida.

I'm another one that picked up quilting when I retired.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Had a person say why quilt all you do is cut up fabric little pieces and sew them together again, ugh. I had no response and forgot about it for a long time.
                  I got Cheryl this tee shirt to answer those people.

https://www.amazon.com/Thread-Fabric.../dp/B07HHTZNPF
                  "Both quilts and men will keep you warm, but a quilt will never say anything stupid."
                  --Sign in my wife's sewing room

Comment

Hello and Welcome to the forum from northern California. I look forward to getting to know you.

Jeannette

Comment

Welcome from Texas. I've been quilting since about the mid 90's. made clothing before that. Love "crafts" of any kind. inventions of people's minds. Enjoy the forum and jump in here every so often. 😺

Comment

Hello, I am also new here

Comment

Welcome from Texas. I started my first quilt when I was in college & finished it after I got married. I didn't do any other quilting until 2001 & boy had things changed in the way of rotary cutters, mats, rulers, & even making quilts by machine. All my cutting was done with scissors! Post often so we can get to know you & we would love to see pictures.

Comment

Working...
                          X