Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an Iowan transplanted in North Carolina. I should say I live here, but I lived in Iowa so long, it still feels like it's my place. I do love North Carolina though.

Let's see....I'm not very knowledgable about quilts. I've made a few beginner style quilts back when my sons were young men.

I raised five boys, three of my own and two step sons. Two of my boys are still living, and have made me a grandma x five. I have some here, some in Iowa. I'm trying to get some projects done, now that I am retired, or disabled or however I am supposed to be referred to.

I'm going on The Great American Road Trip next month, so I am very excited. I love to travel. We go to the beach frequently, so this will be very different. Maybe I can add to my fabric stash.

I am (almost) 63, love to knit, had to give up crochet, which I rock, and love my family. Oh, and I love cookies. Cookies are amazing.

I'd love to learn something here. Quilts are beautiful.

Welcome.
    From reading your information it appears you have lost 3 sons, that is terribly sad and I am so sorry.
    Grandchildren are the most wonderful things on this earth followed closely by cookies.😋

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. So sad for the loss of 3 sons. I too have 5 grandkids. I’ve been in the forum just a short couple of months but find it a very good place for helps and hints as well as good friends. Enjoy!
      Carlie

Comment

Welcome from Colorado. I grew up in Mich., so I'm familiar with the Midwest weather. I've lived in 8 states, but I like Colorado the best. We've been here 42 years. Enjoy your new quilting hobby. It's very addictive! Happy Quilting!

Comment

Welcome from sunny Florida, well stormy right now.

I grew up in NC, Greensboro as a child, then moved to Charlotte when I got married, and we raised our boys in Stanley, NC. We transplanted to Florida after my mom passed to be closer to the grandkids.

I hope you'll enjoy NC. It's a beautiful state and I do miss it.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from 20 miles east of Pittsburgh! A great American road trip--- how wonderful! I'd love to do that but with 2 cats and 2 dogs, it just wouldn't work. I, too, have 5 grandchildren all within 5 or so miles from us. Have fun stash-building!
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. 2 of my 3 boys live in/near Fayetteville NC. DD lives here in Ohio. Youngest son is in GA. Grandkids are great, but GreatGrands are amazing, too. (We have 6GGs)
              Quilting is such a varied and creative hobby. I sympathize with you on giving up crochet, my hands get too 'locked up' to enjoy for any length of time. Ask away for any questions you may have and someone here will have an answer for you in no time.
              No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
              Aesop

Comment

Working...
              X