Hello from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Ohio

Hello Quilters, happy quilting. I am Vikki, a retired firefighter/paramedic from central Ohio, my husband and I are empty nesters. We have four children, two girls, two boys; ten grandchildren: two girls, eight boys. We are blessed with a special needs granddaughter whom what believed not to survive beyond birth. God gave us a miracle and she is so awesome.

I began sewing when I was around 10 years old, clothes for my Barbie. I graduated to sewing for myself while going to school; then married and it was time to sew for my children to save money. I added formal attire to my abilities, including bridal work. I had a sewing shop/tailor shop and added upholstery work and continued for several years. We moved to central Ohio and I did not reestablish my shop and took a break from sewing.

A friend introduced me to quilting. It intrigued me. Another friend invited me to a quilting expo in Cincinnati. Oh my....... I had so much fun taking classes, trying a new machine, tools, patterns, fabrics.......wow. I left there with so many goodies I almost needed to ship my luggage home or strap it to the top of the car. I even left there with a brand new machine, which I had to convince my husband why I needed another one when I had four sitting in my sewing room. Needless to say, I was hooked. I love quilting. I am learning so many new things, so exciting. While watching YouTube tutorials for my new machine I ran across Jenny's tutorials for quilts. Well...... now I want to make even more quilts, for my sister, my children, grandchildren, throw quilts, etc. When they are tired of getting quilts, I'll donate them because I don't see me stopping quilting.

I am really impressed with the backstory of MSQC. I've added to my bucket list going there for a retreat or more than one retreat. I know it will be so much fun. See you soon in Hamilton.

Vikki

Welcome to the forum from sunny Florida! It's a friendly place with lots of wonderful quilters!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you joined us!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Alabama and welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking care of our country !

Comment

Welcome from NE Ohio, neighbor!

Comment

• FireMedic
            FireMedic commented
            Editing a comment
            Youngstown, Warren?

Welcome from TX. This place is great!!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! Glad you joined us. Feel free to chime in with the chat or ask any questions you have. Post pics of your projects. Happy Quilting!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. I’m fairly new here too, joining the forum just a couple months ago but started quilting 25 years ago. After retiring last year I finally get to work on all those projects/patterns I’ve bought through the years.
              Carlie

Comment

Welcome from another NE Ohio neighbor!

Welcome 1.png

Comment

• FireMedic
                  FireMedic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Youngstown or Warren area?

Welcome from SW Pennsylvania!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• FireMedic
                  FireMedic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My friend is from Pittsburgh and I have niece that is moving from Philly to Pittsburgh area.

Welcome, Vikki, from another Buckeye in SW Ohio. What a wonderful backstory. Glad you found your way into quilting. It is addicting, no?
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

• FireMedic
                  FireMedic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Would you be from Cinci? I have a sister-in-law that lives in Dayton, husband is Lt. Col. in AF.

Welcome from New Jersey. I enjoyed reading your introduction. So, tell me honestly, which do you prefer - sewing clothes and such OR quilting? I used to sew some clothes when I was younger but it never thrilled me like quilting. I think the creativity of quilting is what really grabbed me. Also, there seems to be a warm community of quilters. I hope you find that here on this forum as well!
                I am Sew Blessed!
                Alina

Comment

• FireMedic
                  FireMedic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hands down quilting. Love quilting.

Welcome from central Wisconsin!!!

Comment

Hi Vikki, welcome here from Germany MG

Comment

Hey, Vikki, I am actually in West Carrollton just south of Dayton. We were retired AF years ago. Does your Sis-in-law quilt?
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X