The Mistake Queen has arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mistake Queen has arrived!

Hello all. I'm so new to quilting, its painful. Have yet to finish an actual quilt. I've made so many mistakes. But I'm having a ball learning. Tell me your favorite quilt pattern.
    Libi is the name, mischief is my game.

Welcome from Texas! Yellow brick road by Terry Atkins. Very beginner friendly! It's the only pattern I use over and over. Happy quilting!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from So. California. Not sure I have a favorite, but recently in trying to find my sewing mojo again I have just been sewing squares together. I do know that I need to replace my favorite seam ripper, for some odd reason is just not as sharp as it used to be. I wonder why.. 😁

Comment

Welcome from Sunny Florida. Favorite quilt... Binding Star Quilt and the Quatrefoil Quilt.

Easy beginner quilt... Double slice, Sticks and Stones

I can't pick just one.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. My favorite quilt pattern is Log Cabin because it’s such a versatile block. There are dozens of ways to set the blocks together. Please don’t be shy about asking questions if you need help.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! I'm not sure I have a favorite pattern. I tend to make the easy ones, even 10 yrs. into quilting. Many of my quilts are baby/crib size. It's always a learning curve when one first gets started. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Comment

First....as Jenny says "There's no mistakes, just happy accidents!!!"
              On the "Tutorial Page" here on the website on the left towards the bottom it tell you the skill level. Click on the level (such as beginner) and the quilts that would be the simplest to do will be there.
              https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutorials
              (click on this and go to the bottom on the left)
              ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************
              Then most people years ago, started little girls/beginners on the Nine Patch block. Jenny has a series on the Nine Patch that takes you from start to finish. I think this is one of the best series out there. I have recommended this to several of my friends that want to learn to sew. Sometimes when they call me they tell me "Well, I made "such and such" and it didn't come out like yours Sugar." I tell them, "Well, of course not. I've been sewing since "Mysti" (my daughter) was born....and she is 42 yrs old! (I made all of my daughter's clothing until she moved out and went to college.)
              I then help them somewhat and a few years ago when I wasn't going to the doctors all the time, I would have sewing parties (I don't like the word "classes") and teach them how to make Nine-Patch quilts and pillowcases, etc.
              That's how I found Jenny's NINE Patch tutorial series!!
              https://youtu.be/Quzu2H5xeGQ

I've went on to teach my friends to make a lot of things.....I love it when they are sooo proud of themselves that they've made a pillowcase or are working on another quilt block.
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. I, too, don't think I have a favorite, just like whatever catches my eye. I'm fairly new to this website and it is a great place to ask questions so don't be afraid to ask any.
                Carlie

Comment

One of my favorites is Warm Wishes, it looks harder than it is and can showcase a large print fabric that I find often hard to cut. https://www.quiltingdaily.com/freebi...y-warm-wishes/

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. The very first 'quilt' I made was a throw pillow with all my daughters baby clothes. Just small squares all hand pieced and quilted. The next was a log cabin that I made into a table cloth. From there whatever caught my fancy. Whatever I am currently working on is my favorite until the next one comes along. Sounds like you are already enjoying the process. Keep it up!
                    Last edited by Granny Fran; July 12, 2020, 06:53 AM.
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin. I agree with Claire my go to is Warm Wishes!!!

Comment

Welcome. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Quatrefoil quilt. But most days, my favorite is the most recent one I've done. I have learned that I'm not fond of making bags.

Comment

Welcome from the suburbs of Canada's capital. I love to mix up my quilts -- do a complicated one where I learn something, then I do one or two easy quilts. My favorite is MSQC Quatrefoil. I have made 2 kingsize ones.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Hello and welcome, from Trenton Ontario. My favorite is charms on point. Jenny's tutorials always make me wish I was a faster quilter, so many quilts I want to make ! I just made a lot of cactus appliqued blocks because I loved the freedom from repetition that it gave me. I can't wait to turn them into a quilt soon. Charms on point is the one I loved best because I like making dog quilts. Be sure to tell us what you are working on, and always enjoy what you are doing. sewing-machine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X