Hello From Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Maryland

Hello all you wonderful quilters. I am new here but not new to quilting. I am still learning and just finished a jelly roll quilt top last night. It wasn’t as fast as I thought it would be. I am full time employed... and grandmother to four, two are 2020 high school graduates. In addition to quilting, I also love to knit and crossstitch. There are not enough hours in the day and too much beautiful fabrics, yarn and quilt patterns. I want to make them all. Be well and happy quilting.

Good morning fellow Marylander....Welcome. I'm near Annapolis, where are you

Comment

Welcome from Texas! Love your colors

Comment

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! I love your JR quilt! That mustard color is one of my favorites and you did a great job on your layout. I struggle when using all solids, I think it takes a special skill to make everything look balanced and yours looks great.

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio. I have only made one jelly roll race quilt. Your use of colors in smaller strips looks great.
          No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
          Aesop

Comment

Hello and welcome from Minnesota. I agree, not enough hours in the day to devote to my hobbies. Pretty much the same as yours except I crochet instead of knit. Love the jellroll. I have not even thought about doing one of those, I have plenty of them so I may just do that.
            Carlie

Comment

Hi, Vonda!! Welcome from Idaho! Love your JR quilt. Beautifully designed. And, I agree about so many patterns and wanting to make them all.. Lol... I'm a pattern hoarder somImtoally understand.
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! My son & family live in the Annapolis - Chesapeake Beach area. Glad to have you here.

Comment

Welcomw from the Basque Country to this fantastic forum, your quilt looks very elegant

Comment

Hello and welcome from New Jersey. If my husband wasn't tied to his job in NJ, I would love to relocate to beautiful Maryland! I do not usually like Jelly Roll strip quilts but I really like yours with the solids. Your color placement is wonderful. Hope to see more projects from you.
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from So. Calif. and love your quilt.

Comment

HI! And, welcome, from Montana!

I'm a cross stitcher too! Do you watch any floss tubes?? I don't have one, probably never will, but I do love watching some. Sometimes I also think darkness falls too soon..but sometimes, I can't believe how long the day seems! Believe it or not..we are now on the 'otherside' of time as it were..Summer solstice has happened and we are now on the process of loosing a minute of sunlight every day. SO enjoy these last long days..in short time, the equinox will occur and we'll be heading deeper into winter! Again..welcome!
                        😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Welcome! You will enjoy it here

Comment

Hi, I am in Edgewood, Maryland (east of Baltimore), and am new on here also, although I have been a longtime fan of Missouri Star Quilt Company. I have been a quilter since 1977, and am currently working on 3 baby quilts for a customer. I do think making baby quilts is my favorite!

Comment

Welcome from somewhat hazy and lazy Florida.
                              Katrina
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X