New to this group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this group

Before I tell you about myself I should say that I am mostly happy and have maintained my equanimity mostly. I am a 74 year old widow, my husband having died from Alzheimer's over 10 years ago. I was his caregiver for about 15 years or so. I have had two bouts with endometrial cancer and just as my energy was returning after surgery, chemo and radiation, I came down with the corona virus. My fourth test recently came back negative, and I no longer have to be in quarantine. So during quarantine I have been quilting, listening to Audible, and binge watching Madam Secretary. Before the pandemic I loved hosting and doing the cooking for monthly brunches for my book group. I am a mostly retired estate planning attorney. When I was younger I did scuba, backpacked, and ran whitewater. I hope to get back to bicycling before too long if and when my energy returns. Oh, and I run an Airbnb. I have a lovely home with a view of Puget Sound.

Welcome! There are several of us here from your area. I'm in Tacoma and I'm sure the others will chime in before long.

Here's hoping your road to healthiness continues its course.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin!!!

Comment

Golly Laura, you are one energetic person and that is a good thing! Sounds like you are doing much better and can quilt again, among all the other things you do. Energy will come back bit by bit I hope. Enjoy the forum!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. I’m a little younger but do not have near the energy you have. I’m working on it though.
          Carlie

Comment

Welcome from rainy Florida.
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from Idaho! Happy to hear you beat the virus and are recovering your energy level. You certainly have many fun interests to look forward to when feeling up to them.
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
              X