Newbi - again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbi - again

Hello all my quilting friends new and old! After an almost 5 year hiatus I have finally found my way back to this amazing place full of amazing people. I have missed being here and knowing how you all are doing. I am so looking forward to getting reacquainted and I am so sorry to have neglected this wonderful place. There were quite a few fellow Canadians in here (hello Monique!) and a lot of dear, sweet friends, and I can't wait to learn about how you are all doing! You have been in my thoughts often.

After my divorce my life went through some pretty dramatic changes as you can imagine, but 5 years on and I think I have finally found my way back to a good life. Considering we are in a global pandemic, that is a very odd thing to say I know. But I have the ability to work from home and it has reduced the anxiety and stress that I feel on a daily basis to nearly zero. It's not much different for me, the isolation of living in a pandemic, and I still miss human contact that's for sure, but I am accustomed now to living alone so I think I am probably coping better than many. I have a service dog now who I absolutely adore and she makes my life full. Liam has finished high school and is off to college in the fall...assuming that is still a thing in September! I work at a university as some of you may recall and we are still shut down. As an aside, I'm so saddened by what has been happening in the US. I know that it was horrid what that policeman did to George Floyd but things have gotten so out of control and it's been so politicized now. It breaks my heart to see so many angry people. I'm sending love to every one of my American friends and hoping you are all safe and well.

I have recently re-decorated and organized my spare room into a sewing / stained glass / home office space and I'm so excited because it's almost done and I am so in love with it!! It has inspired me to work on painting the rest of my place but will take a long time I'm sure! Next time I see a thread to share our spaces, I will share in there. I have recently discovered embroidery so I have been busy playing with and learning that, and am excited to put it to use on my quilts.

The rest of my life I'm sure you'll all hear about as time goes on. I hope to find more time to be in here and catch up with you all, and get to know some new quilty friends. Hoping you all are well!

Hello and welcome back!

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you mimi!

Glad to see you back and happy to know things are more settled in your life. Congrats to Liam.

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Claire!

Hi, Wendy! ~ Welcome back! So good to hear from you & see your new pic & smiling face. You've been missed. I guess you probably noticed a lot of changes in the Forum format. There were upgrades, etc. this year; we've all had to get used to them. Some things are improved, but we miss some of our old features, too.

Congrats. to Liam for his HS grad. Hope he'll be able to attend college in person in the fall. Who can predict what will happen with this pandemic.

Wishing you the best.

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much! So nice to be back and see such a warm welcome. Yes so many things have changed. I love it tho! So far this fall everything will be online. I'm also working from home so it will be good for him to have me here I think! I'm excited for him!

Welcome back Wendy. I thought of you often during your break. I retired, watched my new grandbaby for a year, then went back to work about a year and a hlf ago. So glad to see you blossoming again!

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much Karen! Awwww grandbabies! Congrats!! Did you decide work was easier!? I cannot WAIT to retire! I am NEVER going back to work!! LOL!

It's nice to have you back. Liam off to college, wow. I am happy that your life now is good at last. You deserve to be happy.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Time really does fly! And thank you sweetheart Life is getting there for sure. xox

Welcome back !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey doll!! thank you!! How is your girl doing?!! I think of her often and the quilt we all made her. Hoping you are all well. xo

Welcome back!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! xo

Welcome from a fellow Canadian! I haven't been here very long and I don't usually have much to say but I enjoy reading what others have to say. I've learned so much here already.
    Maria

Comment

• WendyI
      WendyI commented
      Editing a comment
      you've found an amazing forum with great people! And so much knowledge. You'll love this place and you will learn so much!

You were missed! Glad you're back
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Idaho! I'm new here so it's good you found your way back and re-hooking up with the lovely people here. Enjoy your new creative space.
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

• WendyI
          WendyI commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! So nice to see you here!!

Hi Wendy, it is great to see you back and to hear all is well. Time flies doesnt it. Your son will be off to college, oh my. They grow up too quickly. Yes, the world is a bit crazy so hopefully we can keep ourselves occupied with our crafts and online friendships.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• WendyI
          WendyI commented
          Editing a comment
          The world is crazy wow. Never thought I would live to see this day! So great this place is here!

Hello Wendy, so happy things are good with you. You were missed!
        💫 Star lover

Comment

• WendyI
          WendyI commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much!

Welcome back, sweet Wendy! I'm glad to hear you're in a great place! Keep quilting and keep faith. You have people here who you can lean on!
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• WendyI
          WendyI commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks doll! It's so nice to see all the familiar faces in here still!! xox
          Last edited by WendyI; June 15, 2020, 03:36 PM.
      Working...
      X