Hello from northern Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from northern Colorado

I just joined this forum, which I found while searching for tips on getting my seams to play nicely and nest. I’m working on my first quilt, which I started in 2011 (!) during a quilting class. My main love is counted cross stitch, but I also do counted canvas and I crochet. Quilting is something I think I’ll be adding to my list of hobbies/distractions.

Welcome from Ohio. Since you like counted cross stitch, check out quilts that resemble them. Lots of fun and easy to transfer the designs.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

Welcome from (usually) sunny Florida! If you are looking for tips, check out the tutorials section. Jenny's tutorials are fun to watch and full of great tips and ideas.
      Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
      🙄

Comment

Welcome to the group!

I didn't get nesting with my early quilts. Pressing and pinning helped until I got the hang of it.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Welcome from Canada.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome to the forum from the UK👋

Comment

Welcome from Idaho! Enjoy your journey to quilting...
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin! Oh oh you might be in serious trouble because quilting is addicting and you said your first love is c x-stitch! I think that must be getting popular again? One of my favorite online quilt shops is the fatquartershop and besides carrying full line of fabric and related supplies, I noticed they are now also carrying lots of counted cross stitch items. We love to see pics so please share anything you make. It doesn't have to be quilt related.

Comment

Welcome from another Coloradoan.

Comment

And another Coloradoan. Up north in Greeley. Great site, lots of fun and VERY helpful people.

Comment

Welcome from Southern California. My second favorite hobby is crochet! Hope to see you and pictures of your work here on the forum.
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Welcome!! Montana here (and new to that even!) Congrats on picking up that quilt again..you're gonna love it. I'm a x'stitcher as well, just recently started watching some flosstube. Not much but some. I can crochet but it never stuck with me. My mother was the afghan crocheter in our family! So..c'mon in, I'm new here too so you can sit next to me! ENJOY!

Sage....crone of newbieness
                        😎 Happy Thread tails and trails

Sage

Comment

Working...
                        X