Just meeting and greeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just meeting and greeting

Hello all - have been watching this site for awhile and enjoyed it. I hope I got this post in the right place.
    My real name is Sandie, Quilt Vader is a name a friend's 11 year son has assigned me, and I use it as my 'other' name. I retired almost 4 years ago and started quilting at about the same time - a quilter friend wanted to be sure I didn't get bored after a lifetime of busy-ness! I agreed to go to a class with her, and the next day I spent a silly fortune at the quilt shop getting all those things we NEED. Never been sorry either.
    I could start a quiz: who has the must rulers !! My supply is :shock: ing.
    I have a confession - I quilt so I have an excuse to buy fabric. I enjoy the planning, the cutting, the binding.. but the stuff in between could be done for me and I'd be fine with it. Fabric is like a pet that doesn't need feeding or walking or neutering or picked-up after...aaah FABRIC - you can hold it and pet it and fondle it and rearrange it and admire it and love the different colors and patterns and textures, and even keep it on a shelf and just SAVE it .. MY kind of critter. (I do have a dog I adore, but only because she was amazing enough to charm me at first glance at the humane society on her last day)
    So, there's a bit about me - where do I find a bit about you?
    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Re: Just meeting and greeting

So good to meet you Quilt Vader! I love hearing about how you love fabric! I as well have a thing for the fabric, colors and textures....You explained it perfectly, using a pet as an analogy. (perfect for me! it doesn't eat or poop!) Bonus!!
    Hope you enjoy the site.....we love talking and chatting, pictures and links. Have a great day!

Comment

LOVE the name!!! I laughed out loud when I saw we had a Quilt Vader as our newest memeber!

Welcome! It sounds like we'll get along great!

Comment

LOL!! I agree on the name, brilliant. In fact, you've struck a chord with the YSGLCG, and I think we need a Quilt Vader. So where appropriate, feel free to use the new smiley I've named in your honor 'Quilt Vader'

Comment

You guys are making me smile ...
          works for me!!

Comment

Hahahaha!! Niice! Lovin' the Vader!

Comment

that is hilarious!

Comment

Welcome
                This is a great site, the MSQC store is actually 20 minutes from my house and the best store I have ever been to. Jenny and the girls are so great, love the tutorials, Deal of the Day and blog ideas.
                Happy Quilting
                Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm late to the game...(my computer fried and I had to get a new one)...

but Welcome!!! Glad to have you and I am so super jealous that you are 20 minutes from the shop...I wish!!
                  Michele

Comment

Hi Shell.scraps, I'm with you - jealous that Daniela lives so close to the shop. How neat for her

Today is the 4th and we will be celebrating with family getting together later for food/BBQ and then go see fireworks .. pretty typical I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X