Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Central Pennsylvania

Hello Quilting friends,
    I finally figured out the last step, so that I can post a greeting. I love MSQ and just found a great new pattern yesterday. I'm starting the May Baskets quilt as a wedding gift for a wedding in Jersey that may not be as originally planned. It's too iffy now to tell if we can even attend LIVE. So....on with the wedding quilt...even if it has to be mailed out.

Has anyone out there worked with all batiks in a quilt. I'd love to hear your input. I'm using a bunch of fat quarters I recently purchased. They're cheery....and I'm excited to see how they will look in this throw size quilt.

Welcome to the forum from Alabama

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! Yes, I've worked with all batiks or a mix of batiks & other prints. I like to mix Kaffe Fassett with batiks. It's not a problem. Since batiks are a tighter weave fabric, I suggest a new, sharp needle--preferably Microtex, #70. Post pics when your quilt is finished.

Comment

Welcome from Texas! Yes I've done a few all batik quilts. They are hard on your needles, they dull them. The quilts turn out fantastic though!

Comment

Hello! Welcome! I'm from Central PA too.
          Tracie

Comment

Hi and welcome from outside of Canada's capital.

I have used batiks several times in quilts. They sew beautifully and don't stretch is your pattern pieces are cut on bias. You mentioned you were using FQs. I would wash the fabric. Depending on manufacturer, some dark colours like navy, purple and red bleed a lot more than lighter colours.

Good luck on the quilt.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome from Western PA! Are you in a county that doesn't have the stay at home restrictions now?
              I love batiks! I have some yardage and a lot of FQs that just haven't made it into a quilt yet. I think I've only made one all-batik quilt so far. It was a king size from a kit that I gave as a wedding gift. They're so easy to work with. If you're giving the quilt as a gift, include some color catchers with it.
              ~ Carol from PA
              As long as we have kitties, we will all be OK

Comment

Working...
              X