Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A beginner quiter here!

Hi everyone,
    My typo on the subject is too funny, I meant quilter! I couldn't edit it!
    Quilting is new to me and I am so anxious to get started. I enjoy many crafts and have sewn for years but never have I attempted to quilt before just made clothes for my children, curtains and household items.
    I now need to make the choice of hand or machine quilting, for some reason I just can't keep a straight stitch on my machine so I may make my first quilt by hand and practice that 1/4" seam on the machine. Sometimes the simplest things I just can't get right without practice and then the more difficult things come natural, go figure.
    Anyway, I am glad to have found this forum as it looks like I will gain a world of knowledge from all of you!
    Last edited by Baffler; December 27, 2010, 09:11 PM.

Re: A beginner quiter here!

Buy a 1/4 inch foot for your machine. Makes all the difference. Welcome to the site. You will love Jenny and her tutorials. She is brilliant! You will learn a lot and since you already sew you should have no problem following directions. If I can do it anyone can. Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hello Baffler. i too am a newbe to this forum stuff and I already love it! Quilters are very speciial people with big hearts and I am proud to be part of this forum. You will love it to. Everyone has been great. You will learn tons of stuff and have fun doing it. Welcome. Have a great day.
      Rhonda

Comment

Welcome, Baffler!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hi Welcome to MSQC. I think this is the best site for quilters too. Love it. The tutorials are the best. And customer service, if you should buy something is wonderful! The daily deals are great. The merchandise is super and the prices are great. The fabric is wonderful and the rulers you can buy like the dresden ruler and the binding tool are wonderful. Watch the tutorials because they are very easy to follow and are right on. Jenny is the best teacher I know. I just wished I lived down the road from the shop. LOL
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
            Hi Welcome to MSQC. I think this is the best site for quilters too. Love it. The tutorials are the best. And customer service, if you should buy something is wonderful! The daily deals are great. The merchandise is super and the prices are great. The fabric is wonderful and the rulers you can buy like the dresden ruler and the binding tool are wonderful. Watch the tutorials because they are very easy to follow and are right on. Jenny is the best teacher I know. I just wished I lived down the road from the shop. LOL
            I would be SO broke if I lived that close!

Hi Baffler....nice to meet ya! We're gonna wanna see pics of your projects when you are ready to share..... We're glad you're here.
            If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Hi glad you joined us here! There is so much good info and everyone is very friendly and willing to share.
              Good luck with your quilting!
              Patti
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!
                I will be buying a 1/4 foot soon and I too would be broke if I lived that close to the shop!! The people at Joannes are already tired of my questions!
                I will be oh so happy to post my finished projects! I have chosen to make a simple pillow for my first project and am working on making the templates now.
                Thanks again!

Comment

welcome. 1/4 inch foot for sure. you will love it.
                  Patrice

Comment

welcome!!! we are so glad to have you. The tutorials here are wonderful and there is an entire series on beginning quilting so you can get started right away!!
                    Michele

Comment

Working...
                    X