X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrice
    replied
    Re: Greetings from North Yorkshire in the UK

Welcome and your quilt is just beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• sewsoft
    replied

Welcome , Beautiful quilt blue is my favorite color. Check out our block swap it would be nice to have you join if you can.

Leave a comment:

• meridlin
    replied

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
    Hello and welcome from New Jersey in the USA. Must tell you that I read the James Herriot novels as a girl (and reread them as an adult!) and the Yorkshire Dales is a part of the world that I feel I got to know from those wonderful books.

Deb
    Well, Deb we live about 20 miles from Thirsk, a small North Yorkshire town, where James Herriott, real name Alf Wight, lived and worked. There is a Herriott museum there, based in the house where he lived and had his surgery. All those places he describes in the books, are still recognisable, and many of them remain unchanged since the 1950's.

It is truly a beautiful place to live in, and is largely unspoilt in spite of being a tourist destination. I take my Guides and Brownies camping in the Dales, and on the North York Moors. If you ever get the chance to come over to England, let me know. Make sure the Yorkshire Dales is on your tour list!

Mandie

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Hello and welcome from New Jersey in the USA. Must tell you that I read the James Herriot novels as a girl (and reread them as an adult!) and the Yorkshire Dales is a part of the world that I feel I got to know from those wonderful books.

Your quilt is just beautiful! The first one I made since I began quilting a few years ago was all in blues, and also for my daughter. What a coincidence, eh? Back then I did everything by hand, being intimidated by my little Brother sewing machine, but now I use my machine for piecing and am learning free motion quilting, one project at a time.

You'll love the site, I check in several times a day just to see what's new :-).

Deb

Leave a comment:

• meridlin
    replied

Hi Jan - thank you for your kind greetings. I expect you are having better weather than we are at the moment (we have about 4 feet of snow right now).

Because I can't get out very easily I have been quilting a lot this week. I have also been using t'internet to keep in touch with people. That is how I found the site - by accident!

Am hoping to get some inspiration and good chat from members here.

Kind regards

Mandie (meridlin)

Leave a comment:

• sewmuchjan
    replied

Welcome Meridlin from North Yorkshire in the UK From the Central Coast of California My name is Jan and I just love this site. I found it quite by accident and I'm glad I did! Everyone is so nice and helpful, and the products and tuts are great.

Sew once again welcome

Jan

Leave a comment:

• meridlin
    replied

Hi Plix - thank you for your kind comments. I have now got the "bit between my teeth" and I am quilting pretty much every day. However, I think I am most proud of this blue quilt, becuase my daughter loves it so much.

Leave a comment:

• plix
    replied

Hi Meridlin...your daughter is a lucky girl! That's an awesome quilt. Blue is my fav color!

Leave a comment:

• meridlin
    replied

Thank you Dragonfly for your kind comments. Yes she was delighted with it. In the past six months (since her birthday) it has been on two Guide camps, on an activity holiday to Italy, and regularly wraps itself around her when she is feeling "delicate". It permanently lives on her bed, although she has taken it into school on a few occasions.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Welcome Meridin, there are lots of lovely friendly and helpful ladies here, please make yourself at home. We have some other UK quilters as well as a fairly broad international contingency, I'm from Australia.

Your quilt is just beautiful, I trust your daughter was happy with it, I certainly would be.

Leave a comment:

• meridlin
    started a topic Greetings from North Yorkshire in the UK

Greetings from North Yorkshire in the UK

Good evening and greetings from the Yorkshire Dales, here in the UK.

Love the site and am hoping to learn/gain inspiration from members. Started quilting again recently as my daughter asked for a quilt for her 16th birthday - who am I to refuse!

Here is the quilt that started me off again...
    Attached Files
Working...
X