Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All

Although I just joined today I have been watching the tutorials for weeks. I feel like Jenny is a personal friend. I am scottish but moved to north of england when we retired 10 years ago. We were lucky to be able to retire early. I started crazy quilting then and loved it. Swore I would never do sane quilting as it was too complicated and mathematical. However after watching Jenny, I gave it a go and lo and behold I am hooked, goodbye crazy quilting, hello sane quilting. I was so engrossed in the tutorials I didn't even realise there was a forum attached. Thankyou Jenny and Missouri Star Quilt Company for teaching me sane quilting. Hope to learn more from all you experienced people here.

Re: Hello All

Hello! Welcome! You will find we love company, we share a love of Jenny and her tuts and there is a nice gathering of international quilters here. Come back soon and share!
    Blessings to you
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Guid eenin! Welcome to our quilting family. Hope you join us often!
      See ye efter!
      sigpic
      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Welcome. Come join the fun!!
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

welcome. I was the same way. so engrossed in the tutorials that i didn't realize the forum was here. you will love it here.
          Patrice

Comment

Thankyou for the lovely welcome. You are a friendly bunch. I've been watching Jenny making the dresden plate (clever girl) and I would just love to have a go. I saw she used a template and a clever trick of folding. I tried doing this before from a book, cut a template, cut the pieces, and for the life of me, one piece would not fit exactlly to the other. I finished it though, made it into a mat for a plant to sit on. The plant has to sit off centre, to hide the puckers. That template looks good, I might just have to send for it. Postage is prohibitive though. Has anyone tried this? How did it turn out? As nice as Jenny's?

Comment

Welcome to the site.. I love the tuts also. Thats what helped me along in this little quilting adventure. Plus the bonus is all the great gals right here on the forum. They are so happy to help out with any quilting issues you have.
              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
              PAULA

Comment

I haven't tried it yet but others have and with the tool they sell here it looks very easy. We are going to have a block swap starting in January and we will use that tool to make Grannie's fan block. Come on and join us. We will have lots of help and even cheerleaders to cheer us on. LOL No quilt police on this site! We all are learners and sew the best we can with love caring us on. It's so much fun with lots of friends helping you along. Come on jump in! We're glad to have you.
                Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by kmckirkle View Post
                  Thankyou for the lovely welcome. You are a friendly bunch. I've been watching Jenny making the dresden plate (clever girl) and I would just love to have a go. I saw she used a template and a clever trick of folding. I tried doing this before from a book, cut a template, cut the pieces, and for the life of me, one piece would not fit exactlly to the other. I finished it though, made it into a mat for a plant to sit on. The plant has to sit off centre, to hide the puckers. That template looks good, I might just have to send for it. Postage is prohibitive though. Has anyone tried this? How did it turn out? As nice as Jenny's?
                  With the easy Dresden ruler by Zimmerman it works every time! It is just as easy as Jenny does it. Just make sure you sew them by lining up the top of the blades together.
                  The bottoms may come out a little off but only slightly and the 1/4 circle hides any problem. They usually work out perfect. I am new to quilting, saw the tutorial several times and just sat down and did the Dresden plate. It turned out perfect. If Laura comes on she can tell you she has made a hundred of them. They work up fast. Just do it the way Jenny does it and the instructions tell you in the ruler package and they will fall out of your hands in no time. It's easy. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                  X