I need recommendations Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need recommendations Please!

The wonderful man in my life wants to buy me a new sewing machine. I have been using my grandmothers old Singer since I started this new hobby of quilting. I want to be able to be able to do everything from start to finish ..I don't want to have to send my quilts away before completion..I Need assistance and would be grateful for any suggestions. thank you so much From the gypsy in vermont!!

Re: I need recommendations Please!

Hey there Gypsy!
    I have a Babylock, nothing fancy but I can quilt with it fine. You can purchase a walking foot to use when quilting with most machines.
    There are so many wonderful ladies here using all sorts of machines and levels of experience. I am certain that when they peek in they will be happy to direct you better than I. And somewhere within the posts there is a thread about sewing machines. It seems that so many of us are longing for new machines, as well! Lucky you to have such a supportive man. Once you get your new machine make him a special quilt with it.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I have the Bernina 440QE (quilters edition) and I LOVE it. It sews like a dream, pieces perfectly and quilts easily (I am currently quilting a queen size - king might be a bit of a challenge).
      It is quite pricey but in my opinion - worth every penny.

Comment

What method are you using for managing the bulk and wieght of your queen quilt for machine quilting? Do you have any "aids" such as free motion hoops or attachments or "slippery stuff" underneath? Mine is so heavy once it is rolled on the side so it will fit under the throat area that I am having trouble evenly moving it in order to quilt the design. Any tips you would like to share would be appreceited. I have read several articles and books on the subject and thier tips just arent working for me. I have so much enjoyed designing and sewing this quilt up until this point and don't want to send it out to be quilted. Stitch in the ditch just isn't an option, even though I have done that to secure the layers.

Comment

Working...
        X