MIchigan says hello!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIchigan says hello!!

Hi everyone! I've been quilting for a few years now, obviously have way too many patterns and fabric and not enough time to use them all! I love finding new patterns and new fabrics.

I also am Chapter Leader of Quilts For Kids - Dundee, MI Chapter. We make quilts for kids who are hospitalized with life threatening illnesses and those who are abused. I am always looking for ways to save on fabrics as I create quilt kits to send out to those who would like to sew them up. Quick, easy and cute patterns are always on my list of things to find!

I enjoy making quilts for family members and friends when a need arises. I finally made one for myself, finished it this year. Phew! I spent to much time making quilts for others, I had never made one for us, but now I can check that off my list.

Very happy to find this forum for Missouri Quilt Company, I found them through the youtube videos awhile back and spread the word to my quilting friends.

Happy sewing everyone!

~Karen in Michigan

Re: MIchigan says hello!!

Hi Karen - welcome!
    Quilts for Kids is such a great thing. I have made a couple myself. So much fun fabric to work with!
    I am originally from Ludington, MI and get back there every few months.
    Hope you enjoy your visit to the site - chime in whenever you like!
    Patti
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the MSQC group.

How wonderful that you are involved with such a wonderful charitable organization. I generally donate to the local hospital guild and on occasion make lap quilts for seniors who have no one to visit or cheer them up. That is addicting. Visiting the old timers and gifting them. It is beyond description to see their weathered and withered old hands and fingers tracing over the quilt and it's stitches.

Jump in and join us on the various thread.

Blessings
      Blondie
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Only bad thing is Blondie, those quilts very seldom come back from the laundry. I know my Mom was in a nursing home wing of a hospital. Had a good rep too. And I use to work there in the hospital. My Mom's stuff came up missing all the time. The nicer it was the quicker it disappeared. I started doing the laundry myself and stuff still came up missing. Unfortunately some people can't be trusted. Even her glasses and hearing aid went missing. I use to stop by at all hours of the day and night. Never could catch who ever the thief was.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
        X