X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irishrn
    replied
    Re: new to the forum

Hi Martha; I'm also a newbe here- I quilted on a Kenmore for about 14 years and every year asked for a new embrodery/quilting machine for Christmas. This year I went to a quilt class up in VA and there were many different machines in the class- I liked the Janome alot. About 4 weeks later had the opportunity to buy a refurbished Memory craft- and have been using it about 5 months- and the quality of my quilting has improved SO MUCH!! less issues w/ tension; keeping seams straingt; quilting in more detail as I'm not fighting to get the quilt thru the space under the arm. So go looking- you need a good machine for a long Maine winter!!

Leave a comment:

• Martha
    started a topic new to the forum

new to the forum

hi,

My name is Martha. Born in Texas but now live in Maine (married a Mainer). Just discovered Missouri Star Quilt co. Love it,especially the tutorials. I have quilted for a while but by no means do I consider myself an expert. I do have one question. I have a kenmore sewing machine. Would love some feedback on a basic quilting sewing machine. I noticed a Janamore (probably misspelled it) is used in the tutorials. Also I hear babylock is good too. I am not too sure about all that computerized stuff on the machines though. Want to make those tea towel aprons for my grandkids. Too many projects,not enough time!
Working...
X