Hello Everyone Pinky here lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone Pinky here lol

I am new to this site and fairly new to quilting. I had the pleasure of meeting "Sally" from this group in Delburne, Alberta, Canada on Friday past. She was a great ammbasador for this group and I really enjoyed meeting her. (Hi Sally) I was very intrigued with the block swap she is involved in and hope to get involved with your next one. I love to sew and quilt and enjoy the friendship and comradry that comes from this hobby. I am a two time breast cancer survivor, hence the name "Pinky". I have two grown and out of the house kids ages 22 and 27. I live in the country and have 3 cats, 3 dogs and two donkeys. I am probably the only one around that is looking forward to a long cold winter so I can stay indoors and quilt!

Re: Hello Everyone Pinky here lol

WELCOME! glad you are here Pinky
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Hi Pinky!!

Welcome to the group. I am glad Sally recruited you. I look forward to seeing all that you sew this cold cold winter

Comment

Hello Pinky!

Hi from another 2x BC survivor...10 years out from the first, almost 5 years out from the second!
        I'm a newbie too but learning lots from all the great help and tutorials here. Hope you get lots of good quilting done in the cold weather months coming up!
        Linda
        -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Hi there Pinky, welcome. I'm pleased that 'Sally' has recruited you, the more lovely ladies we have here the more fun it will be. I am also a survivor but I am very seriously hoping to keep that to one time survivor.
          I look forward to seeing your work from this coming winter, sadly being in Australia I don't get the opportunity to stay in for winters and we are about to go into summer where it frequently gets too hot for handling fabrics.
          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thankyou for the warm welcome: Suzi, Sewbee, Lynn and Hillbilly! Nice to meet you all! I look forward to getting to know you all this cold long winter. lol

Comment

H Pinky! I am back home now. Saw some snow by Fernie...brrr! Glad you found the group.
              PS the quilt shop we met in is awesome!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Welcome aboard. These ladies are wonderful!

Comment

Very nice web site Hillbilly! You do beautiful work!

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                  Hi Pinky!!

Welcome to the group. I am glad Sally recruited you. I look forward to seeing all that you sew this cold cold winter

Comment

Nice to meet you Pinky. And congratulations on your recovery. Welcome to MSQC.
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi Pinky! Glad to have you with us.
                      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Hello pinky, nice to meet you. I am very jealous of you all talking about cold snowy winters and hot australian winters, I live in the UK and we rarely get snow or sun, just rain, rain and more rain lol Although it is nice to sit infront of the fire and stitch whilst watching the thunder storms x

Comment

Working...
                        X